Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 01:18 PM

222 posts, read 222,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan View Post

Grouper a few more questions
fishing in the keys? i see a lot of charters for these sort of things...ok you catch or kill the fish, then what? i'm a tourist I can't go back and eat it all or cook it all right there, what is the fun in this?
do sharks attack scuba drivers? Is'nt that a conce

I'm on the west, but keys fishing is probably some of the best fishing you're gonna get in FL. When you catch a legal fish, you throw it in a cooler with ice or ice water slurry. It kills them pretty quickly and retains the freshness without having to bleed them. There are plenty of restaurants that will clean and cook your catch. Usually the charter captain will knock the sides of your fish and put them in a bag with ice for you to take.

No, they are curious creatures but they aren't known for deliberately attacking humans. You're more likely to be killed by a cow than a shark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 06:52 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,143,456 times
I would not buy a wetsuit. If you are doing something that a wet suit would be beneficial then you should be able to rent one.

I have a wetsuit and we started wearing them in December, folks are still wearing them but it is getting close to the time to not bother. We wear them for surfing, our water is colder than in the keys and unless you are bobbing around in the water for hours, you probably won't need one. If you try scuba, since you aren't certified, you will have to have someone with you and you can probably get a package deal that includes wetsuit rental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida