Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 03:13 AM
Status: " I am now retired and bought a condo here. Enjoying it" (set 10 days ago)

50 posts, read 77,379 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to the Treasure Coast form Fort Lauderdale and before that I lived near Asheville and am originally from Jacksonville. I drive all day long in my work from Hobe Sound to Vero seeing patients in their homes. My employer gives me a quota of 6 patients a day over the vast area. Many times I drive 40 min to see one pt then 40 min back to the next patient. Here are my observations of why this place is hazardous to drive in for work purposes (which my employer does not understand):

The interstate is way out west (useless unless you want to drive to reach it then drive back to catch it again ..a waste of time) and all other through-fares are 35 to 40 MPH.

Typically no matter how many lanes the drivers all are going the same speed like pace-cars.

Car Jacking Scenario: This is where one car to the right equals your speed and the one ahead of you is going under the speed limit.

The lay out of the roads and the vast hinterlands with all the same speed restrictions is no help when looking for gas or food while working on the road. Try to drive efficiently at speed limit and get around the pace-cars and you get a $176 dollar ticket for "careless driving".

Of course I have to span 4 counties every day so I feel licensed to say that it is very hazardous even more so than Ft Lauderdale where the slower cars stay to the right. Here you have to negotiate constantly to drive the speed limit to get where you are going due to the pacecar practices of Treasure Coast drivers.

I love the area but am considering moving elsewhere due to the aggravation in navigating the area for work. If slower cars would stay to the right it would help every one who is goal directed on the highway trying to actually get somewhere instead of joy riding, gawking at the scenery and doing other things while driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida