Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

"Oh, oh, oh! I've got one!" says Heidi, jumping up down...

How about wall-to-wall retirees? Angry retirees...

Here's what I posted to a 20-something wanting to move to Fort Myers; she wanted to know if their were "geezers" there:

"Lots of geezers! Most of them angry.

Here's how it works...Most of them are snowbirds. Usually couples. The husband drags the wife down there. She's mad. She has to set up house in two places. Misses the grandkids. Walks around scowling. The husband, well, he's not giving in. They are going to remain snowbirds, come what may. But the wife is getting on his nerves. He walks around scowling.

They go out to dinner. By golly, all of the other snowbirds are trying to get in on the early-bird specials! The drive up and down Route 41, but every restaurant has a line going out the door. By golly, they want in on that early-bird special. The finally settle on one of the hundreds of cookie-cutter chain restaurants. An hour later they get their food that the surly waitress has practically thrown at them; she knows they are going to leave a quarter tip!

All the geezers drive home mad. Many get into accidents because they can't see and their reaction time ain't what it use to be. But at least they didn't get mugged by a crackhead in the parking lot. This time!

I wouldn't do it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Christian11,

What happen with your comment"

Please Note: Comments welcome. This will be my last FL thread, as people will believe whatever they want to belive anyway. It is a waste of my time trying to help people and have to argue over topics with realtors and old retiree dreamers of "days gone by in Florida". It is what it is NOW.

Or you change your mind.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:06 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
All races have their garbage. Crime isn't commited solely by illegal immigrants. We need to change things or our country will go to complete crap within 20 years.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
All races have their garbage. Crime isn't commited solely by illegal immigrants. We need to change things or our country will go to complete crap within 20 years.
Dude, illegals represent a big segment of crime. Why should we have to worry about illegal crime, even if it is let's say 20% of the crime?? They are ILLEGAL they need to be deported, we need to seal the southern border so the criminals don't come back. ANY reduction on crime is worth it, man.

I worked in Immi law... these illegals commit atrocities, serve some of their time and get released out into society!! IF by some miracle ICE decides to deport them, they come back a week later through the Mexican border. It is a joke.

No wonder we get illegal locked up 3 or 4 times before someone finaly pushes a 20 years to life senetce on them and they stay in prison and cannot get back in the US through Mexico. Taxpayers fend their costs, though so they are still getting a free ride.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Great post! Keep speaking the truth about Florida! Ill be gone in about 3 months, probably to Oil city, PA where theres almost no crime, no illegals, almost 100% whites, very inexpensive housing, low costs of living and a wonderful small slow paced city with little traffic and 11k pop. I dont need the "excitement" of Florida that comes with all the crime, traffic and exorbant costs.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:58 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Default The truth hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Great post! Keep speaking the truth about Florida! Ill be gone in about 3 months, probably to Oil city, PA where theres almost no crime, no illegals, almost 100% whites, very inexpensive housing, low costs of living and a wonderful small slow paced city with little traffic and 11k pop. I dont need the "excitement" of Florida that comes with all the crime, traffic and exorbant costs.
Anyone saying Christian is exaggerating is IN DENIAL. I am talking about Broward and PBC- don't really know Orlando. Anyone moving to So Fl should realize it is NOT paradise. Rte 95 and the Florida Tpke have the most fatalities. These accidents are not fender benders-but serious, and on the uprise. If you work in Ft Lauderdale, and live in PBC give yourself 2 hours to commute to work. At least. This was 2 years ago-its probably worse now. Just the facts

Old 12-04-2006, 11:20 AM

243 posts, read 1,097,170 times
Thumbs down Get A Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Anyone saying Christian is exaggerating is IN DENIAL. I am talking about Broward and PBC- don't really know Orlando. Anyone moving to So Fl should realize it is NOT paradise. Rte 95 and the Florida Tpke have the most fatalities. These accidents are not fender benders-but serious, and on the uprise. If you work in Ft Lauderdale, and live in PBC give yourself 2 hours to commute to work. At least. This was 2 years ago-its probably worse now. Just the facts

Both you and him exaggerate beyond belief. 2 hours to commute to work?? Only if you live in one end of South Florida and work in another.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:31 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,795 times
Default 2h commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
Both you and him exaggerate beyond belief. 2 hours to commute to work?? Only if you live in one end of South Florida and work in another.
Dude from Oviedo to north downtown Orlando (12 mile drive), it takes the wife 1 hour each way from homw to work. It is a miracle when she makes it in 45 mins each way. A MIRACLE when it happens.

Call 511 on any phone, then say "I 4" and then say "Orlando". You will get a traffic report. Call during the rush hour... it is a looooong commute for 15 miles.

No exagerations S-dog. We are talking straight truth here. Why would anyone want to lie (other than if he/she is a real estate agent trying to sugar coat things to make a sale)?

You are free to believe whatever you want, but I amm telling you how it is. Not having to commute 1 hour each way is one of the things the wife craves the most these days. We talking about our move almost everyday, we cannot wait. The time we save by not commuting for 1 hour each way will be used for more fun things.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,784 times
Yes, of course he does. That's the beauty of living in the good ole' U.S.A....!

Old 12-04-2006, 11:57 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,855 times
SunnyDog,

It's called traffic. You know, when you're moving at 1/2 a mile an hour, 2 feet from the car ahead of you for the next 10 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida