Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:34 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times

Advertisements

I know it can go either way and I'm kind of torn. I like the free flow now...it helps me learn about things in other areas. I may be missing some interesting threads, but the site allows us to search and also see new posts (would be nice to categorize those). If it's re-categorized, will newcomers be able to find their way around? For Census data, I think the Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater MSA encompasses Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Hernando, yet sometimes includes Polk, Manatee and Citrus Counties. How do you see the Florida Forum being used...more generalized?

I just located an interesting map of Florida's MSA's. Hope it's okay to post a link to this ---> Florida :: Home to some of the fastest growing cities in the United States.. Would categories like these work?

Last edited by TampaKaren; 03-08-2008 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Discovered something to add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
I know this forum is called "CITY-data", but I kind of like the idea that Sunrico had with regions.
Central Florida is unique because of it being heavy with retirees.
We would always still have the main Florida one, so I do not think any change would be too traumatic.

You could always have a line below stating some of the bigger cities in that region. I do not think that listing counties is a good idea.......many do not know the county names at all.

Frank D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida