Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 04:10 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
You lost the discussion. Move on.
You're the one trolling this thread. Not me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 04:28 PM

686 posts, read 622,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You're the one trolling this thread. Not me
By correctly pointing out that Florida has 8 times the number of toll roads after you made an uninformed assertion that New York has "more tolls" I'm the one trolling.

Keep at it. One day you'll make an intelligent post.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:23 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Yeah well the upper midwest states are firmly red and their roads are a giant pile of crap served in a dirty ashtray. Your point?

Anyway, maybe there's someone out there who will *not* cherry pick and understand that there is more to this than roads.
The upper Midwest has flopped back and forth between blue and red and that has nothing to do with it. Winter does however; oh and smaller populations.

Again the largest State in the Union, CA, has very bad roads and is solidly Blue. NY as well, and NJ as well and ... politics has nothing to do with it.

FL is more purple than red or blue. It just has better weather and handles its money better than other States. Oh, TN which is a Red State has really good roads. Does that mean Red States are better? Nope, politics has nothing to do with it, except for those who hate one party or the other.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
By correctly pointing out that Florida has 8 times the number of toll roads after you made an uninformed assertion that New York has "more tolls" I'm the one trolling.

Keep at it. One day you'll make an intelligent post.
You incorrectly assume that number of tolls means anything. You ignore that nys has more tolled mileage overall and multiple bridges in Manhattan that charge double digits, something that is seen nowhere in Florida.

But keep trying.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
You incorrectly assume that number of tolls means anything. You ignore that nys has more tolled mileage overall and multiple bridges in Manhattan that charge double digits, something that is seen nowhere in Florida.

But keep trying.
You really like pulling stats out of your arse and being wrong about things.

NY tolled mileage: 534.11

FL tolled mileage: 734.7

In addition to the aforementioned 8x the number of toll roads in FL.

So now you're left with one tiny argument - that the bridges in Manhattan charge more. Well, I'm sure they do. I'm also sure that if you're driving into Manhattan for work, you're probably making a crap ton. So that point's moot. What else ya got?

Old 08-21-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You really like pulling stats out of your arse and being wrong about things.

NY tolled mileage: 534.11

FL tolled mileage: 734.7

In addition to the aforementioned 8x the number of toll roads in FL.

So now you're left with one tiny argument - that the bridges in Manhattan charge more. Well, I'm sure they do. I'm also sure that if you're driving into Manhattan for work, you're probably making a crap ton. So that point's moot. What else ya got?
Ny taxes lmao.

And you still haven't negated the argument that the main interstate in N.Y. is tolled and the major interstates in FL aren't.

FL is also the bigger state by square mileage by 6K or so

Boom argument over.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:18 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
So you got schooled and try to move the goal post even further over because you were proven incorrect with your original statement? Typical.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Ny taxes lmao.

And you still haven't negated the argument that the main interstate in N.Y. is tolled and the major interstates in FL aren't.

FL is also the bigger state by square mileage by 6K or so

Boom argument over.
Boom you can't admit you lost the argument.

And boom you don't realize that several of Florida's tolls are on major commuter roads.

And boom there is no "main interstate" in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
So you got schooled and try to move the goal post even further over because you were proven incorrect with your original statement? Typical.
Exactly.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:

And boom there is no "main interstate" in NY.

So much lying in this thread.

NYS thruway is the main interstate through New York. That would be like having a toll on i-95 or i-4 in FL... which doesn't have them

Thanks for playing. Go troll somewhere else

Old 08-22-2017, 04:49 AM

So take another road. There's only 3 toll roads in NY. Not hard to find an alternate. But that doesn't fit into your skewed version of reality and strawman talking points. My bad.

It's hard to walk while carrying this big trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida