Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 20,401 times

Advertisements

Hello, my familiy is planning to move from Jersey City, NJ to Wesley Chapel, Fl. We are looking to buy in a new subdivision called Country Walk.
I am a Spanish teacher and my husband is a Loss Prevention Manager for Macys. How is the job market around this area? Crime? Nice place to raise a family? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help and God bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher4Life
Hello, my familiy is planning to move from Jersey City, NJ to Wesley Chapel, Fl. We are looking to buy in a new subdivision called Country Walk.
I am a Spanish teacher and my husband is a Loss Prevention Manager for Macys. How is the job market around this area? Crime? Nice place to raise a family? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have been in Wesley Chapel from Cape Cd now for 7 years. Wesley Chapel is the up and coming place. However taxes are going up so are home prices. Lexington Oaks is a great community and meadow point is also where alot of people like to live.
Mopst jobs are in Tampa, however there is a need for teachers. Florida is not known for high wages.
Go on the internet and check out home prices etc.
judy

Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 10,139 times
Default fantastic choice

we live in land o lakes and are building in country walk as well. in my current neighborhood they are opening a new elementary school and will be need teachers, there are also 2 new elem, 2 middle and 1 highschool going in within 5 miles of Country Walk. You picked the right spot, despite increasing home prices...you won't go wrong here As far as your husband's job, I've seen advertisements for Loss Prevention recently at Home Depot and I've heard Target and Publix (grocery store here) pay really well too! We are also getting 3 malls 5 miles from CW and in today's paper a new outlet mall was proposed on SR 52 (one exit north of SR 54). You just can't go wrong...
If you have friends/family in the market for a summer home or investment property, we are trying to sell ours when we make the move over to CW. We are building with Cardel... you guys?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:20 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,699,483 times
Quote:

go to the pasco county web site and you can search for school jobs. also check monster.com for your husband.

judy

Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM

25 posts, read 159,136 times
Default Pasco County

is one of the fastest growing counties in the Nation!

The job market is strong. Neither you nor your husband should have trouble securing a job. The proximitiy to Tampa is good, and it is a very growing place. The only drawback is the traffic congestion due to growth.

Welcome to Pasco County!

Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 AM

110 posts, read 689,560 times
You might also try Grand Oaks - it's in Land O Lakes but it borders Lutz/Wesley Chapel so it's in a great location. Lots of shopping is coming to the area and more businesses are opening up. Right now the housing prices are taking a break - certainly for resales for homes that are only a couple of years old - so it's a great time to buy. In such a growing area, homes will only appreciate more and more.

- R&K

Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 PM

20 posts, read 160,882 times
I teach in Pasco County. It is a great district to work for. However, the salaries are not that great compared to what you are used to. Go to
www.pasco.k12.fl.us to check job listings and the salary schedule. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:01 PM

125 posts, read 505,309 times
Go to Pasco County Schools. You will find a job no problem. I also work for the schools in Pasco. No problem finding a job. Just remember the pay may not be what you are use to. Good Luck. If you need further info please feel to PM me.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 PM

800 posts, read 3,089,579 times
Did you get your Florida Teaching Certification yet? If so, you'll have no problem with job hunting. Most of Florida districts are still hiring but school is getting close. Apply soon! Good luck and welcome to Florida!

Old 07-08-2006, 04:10 AM

3 posts, read 20,035 times
Default Wesley Chapel

Quote:

Hi, I live in Dade City, which is approximately 10 miles from Wesley Chapel. We moved here six years ago looking for peace and quiet. Unfortunately, the growth has exploded, especially in Wesley Chapel! If you like the big city feel with swarms of traffic, then you'll love it there. There are many, many new subdivisions being built in Wesley Chapel and I'm uncertain how the school district manages to keep up with the growth. The job market is wide open. Crime is no more than any other large town. Wesley Chapel could be a nice place to raise a family with God's help. Wesley Chapel use to be a one horse town only six years ago, now nearly all of the businesses, shopping centers and schools are new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida