Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 07:56 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Because California wastes its money on stupid $hit, while presumably Florida allocates it appropriately
Care to elaborate specifically, or just parroting more conservative BS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:31 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Care to elaborate specifically, or just parroting more conservative BS?
Stable is also from California. Expat is also from California. I’m also from California. The road conditions there are terrible. You think Florida is bad at planning ahead, you should spend a few weeks in SF Bay Area and LA area. You might understand why we all think Florida infrastructure is better especially when it comes to maintenance and yet car related taxes and fees are so much lower here.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:17 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Stable is also from California. Expat is also from California. I’m also from California. The road conditions there are terrible. You think Florida is bad at planning ahead, you should spend a few weeks in SF Bay Area and LA area. You might understand why we all think Florida infrastructure is better especially when it comes to maintenance and yet car related taxes and fees are so much lower here.
Older roads, more traffic and more people in a place with seismic activity. It's not tough to figure out why. FL may seem better in that respect due newer, less worn road surfaces but it's not via anything better managed and certainly not better planned. And while not taxed if one has been paying any attention, all new highway construction and redesign in FL has been via toll roads.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:52 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Older roads, more traffic and more people in a place with seismic activity. It's not tough to figure out why. FL may seem better in that respect due newer, less worn road surfaces but it's not via anything better managed and certainly not better planned. And while not taxed if one has been paying any attention, all new highway construction and redesign in FL has been via toll roads.
Sounds like good management and planning to me.

Why do you hate Florida so much? Why is it not even possible to you that Florida is simply a better run State when it comes to infrastructure and fiscal planning?

And p.s. - I spent 11 years in CA. It's funny that all of the people from CA are telling you how wrong you are, but you just won't accept it. Seems it's YOU who is lock step in line with your politics. How could a red State possibly be better than the big blue mecca?

Old 07-18-2019, 07:14 AM
aax

710 posts, read 498,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I moved from California and I can tell you Florida’s bridges and roads are so much better.
Well Cali roads and bridges get constant cracks from earthquakes. They have to repair them over and over. So you can't really compare. We don't get those in Florida.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:20 AM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Talk to any local in California and they will tell you seismic activity is not why there are so many pot holes on the roads. Not to mention in the Bay Area it cost up to $7 to cross the Bay Bridge and $7-8 to cross the Golden Gate Bridge. It’s clear for some reason you are in denial now that there are 4 Californians telling you reality yet you refuse to accept it. There are some things California has that’s better than Florida but road planning and maintenance is def not one of them.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
Well Cali roads and bridges get constant cracks from earthquakes. They have to repair them over and over. So you can't really compare. We don't get those in Florida.
Nope, not from constant earthquakes.

They come about from normal wear and minimal repair by the State Gov't. That is why they keep raising taxes to pay for it. They don't spend the earlier tax money on the roads. Lived the 55 years and am quite familiar with the problem. You have lived there how long?????

Last edited by expatCA; 07-18-2019 at 12:31 PM..

Old 07-18-2019, 12:27 PM
aax

710 posts, read 498,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, not from constant earthquakes.

They come about from normal wear and minimal repair by the State Gov't. That is why they keep raising taxes to pay for it. They don't spend the earlier tax money on the rods. Lived the 55 years and am quite familiar with the problem. You have lived there how long?????
Well I've never actually been there. But I have seen shows set there, like The OC, 90210.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Well I've never actually been there. But I have seen shows set there, like The OC, 90210.

Oh, that explains it.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:37 PM

65 posts, read 44,264 times
Quote:
well i've never actually been there. But i have seen shows set there, like the oc, 90210.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida