Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 09:16 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
So cops, firemen, etc. are racists

"Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 12:39 AM

482 posts, read 419,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

Ok Zach de la Rocha. Go wear your Che shirt over there. Adults talking here.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
In the Villages, that isn't true.
I wasn't talking about the Villages, or to you, as shown by your answer.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Ok Zach de la Rocha. Go wear your Che shirt over there. Adults talking here.
Then talk like one. Zach's words from 20 years ago have been ringing very true in 2020.

You can return to your Lawrence Welk and the White Power Hour now, Gramps.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Then talk like one. Zach's words from 20 years ago have been ringing very true in 2020.

You can return to your Lawrence Welk and the White Power Hour now, Gramps.
Ahh yes. I've been listening to RATM since the beginning. "Gramps" would never have caught your reference to "Bulls on Parade". Tom Morello is a very talented guitarist; lays down a sick groove.

Thing is, while I enjoy their sound, I'm smart enough to know their lyrics ring hollow. They use the trappings of the system that they denounce, capitalism, to attempt to advance their leftist views. It doesn't work.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:23 AM

25,731 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Just because you are old doesn't mean you cannot voice your opinons, and debate them with others. We need more lively debate.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:44 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about the Villages, or to you, as shown by your answer.
Then perhaps next time you might consider posting in a topic that isn't specifically about the Villages.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Ahh yes. I've been listening to RATM since the beginning. "Gramps" would never have caught your reference to "Bulls on Parade". Tom Morello is a very talented guitarist; lays down a sick groove.

Thing is, while I enjoy their sound, I'm smart enough to know their lyrics ring hollow. They use the trappings of the system that they denounce, capitalism, to attempt to advance their leftist views. It doesn't work.
Appreciate the civil response. I feel like Rage's lyrics are more reflective of current events than they were when written. Aren't we all trying to advance our views and using the "trappings of the system" to do that; C-D, Instagram, Twitter, music if we happen to be talented enough to appeal to an audience? I don't think making money as musicians discredits their message but that's me. If I opposed their "leftist" message I imagine I'd find a reason to dismiss it. For the record I'm probably one of the more/most elderly posters in this thread.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:46 PM

764 posts, read 392,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
and too much racism and blind support of Trump in their heart.
Why is it "racist" to vote for the best prez this country has ever had. He has helped us more than any other prez we've ever had! Read up already! Trump is a true Godsend.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:31 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:

Quoting mentally ill over-privielged entertainers isn't an argument.

Quote:
How? Are you sure that you can defend that argument? I doubt that you can.

Quote:
You can return to your Lawrence Welk and the White Power Hour now, Gramps
Aside from your inability with statistics, your blind venom invalidates your credibility.

Does that you are returning to your own Power Hour that teaches you Hate?

Perhaps less of that and more school that would have informed you that an appeal to age isn't a valid argument, should its assumption be valid at all. Which it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida