Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 2,962 times

Advertisements

Florida added 32,900 private sector jobs in March, capping eleven consecutive months of job growth, as per numbers released on Friday by the Florida Department of Economic opportunity.

“Florida has seen 11 consecutive months of private sector job growth. Our unemployment rate is 4.7% — far below the national rate of 6.0%,” Governor Ron DeSantis said in a Tweet on Friday.

“Through Governor DeSantis' strong leadership, Florida's resiliency throughout the COVID-19 pandemic continues to excel at a higher pace than the nation.” said Dane Eagle, Head of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. “Florida businesses have remained open and our economy continues to provide opportunities for Floridians to return to work and provide for their families.”

Ever since April 2020 when the pandemic started wreaking havoc on the world economy, Florida has gained a total of 777,600 private sector jobs. Florida’s unemployment rate continues to be at 4.7 percent, still remaining far below the national average of 6.0 percent.

In March, the state's private sector job rate decline was 5.0 percent, as compared with 14.3 percent in April 2020, reflecting the remarkable economic resiliency of the state during the pandemic.

Leisure and hospitality gained 9,100 new jobs, trade, transportation and utilities jobs increased by 6,300, education and health services went up by 5,700 new jobs and professional and business services added 5,600 new jobs.

The labor force was up 46,000 in March, making the total number of those working in the state to slightly over 10 million.

The state has been fighting for full resumption of cruises which would greatly help Florida's hard-hit tourism and hospitality industry to get back in the economic groove. The DeSantis administration has butted heads against the Biden administration and has filed lawsuits against the CDC to force loosening up restrictions on cruise lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 01:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Man......heat, humidity, hurricanes and giant, man eating lizards were never my thing.......but I'm about ready to chuck all that and get down there. DeSantis is a warrior and Florida is rocking.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:58 AM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Man......heat, humidity, hurricanes and giant, man eating lizards were never my thing.......but I'm about ready to chuck all that and get down there. DeSantis is a warrior and Florida is rocking.
You won’t regret it. I certainly don’t.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
I've been in Florida for 45 years, and can't say I've ever seen a giant man eating lizard, LOL. We do have lots of little, bug eating lizards, and yeah, everything else you mention.,

I agree with you about DeSantis and we're lucky to have him.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:40 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I've been in Florida for 45 years, and can't say I've ever seen a giant man eating lizard, LOL. We do have lots of little, bug eating lizards, and yeah, everything else you mention.,

I agree with you about DeSantis and we're lucky to have him.
LOL... I guess they kind of LOOK like giant lizards to the untrained eye?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:49 AM

731 posts, read 769,126 times
Quote:
Trust me, Florida is full of bugs, old people in wheel chairs, gators, lizards of all kinds, horrible hurricanes, you name it! I wouldn't come if I were you.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:09 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,951,020 times
No state in recent memory has dodged so great a bullet as when DeSantis SQUEAKED by Gillum by a mere 30k votes

A true mercy from God.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:52 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
He's an excellent governor with business practicalities that have singlehandedly saved the state. The satanic media cabal can't stand the fact that he was right the entire time and FL is thriving meanwhile they weep and gnash their teeth from their failed, debt ridden, lockdowned states.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
If DeSantis can bring high paying jobs, he will get my vote next election. Overall though, I'd give him a passing grade so far. I'm glad we are getting bright-line. There seems to be a lot of infrastructure work going on too.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:00 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If DeSantis can bring high paying jobs, he will get my vote next election. Overall though, I'd give him a passing grade so far. I'm glad we are getting bright-line. There seems to be a lot of infrastructure work going on too.
I can't see any scenario in which the alternative candidate would have handled anything better.

All four metros seem to be doing quite well under him, in particular, with diversifying the economy to where it's not as reliant on tourism as it used to be. All of this despite COVID and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida