Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 31,221 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear opinions about both Apopka and Deltona FL. I will be moving to Florida next year. We have a place currently in Deltona (which we are planning to sell) but I have only been there twice. We are looking to build a house in Apopka. My husband is from Florida but works on the road 9 months of the year (at least) so I would like other opinions of the area as he is not there for very long periods of time. I am coming from California so this is a big move for me. If we do not have this house built we will be staying in in Deltona. That is why I would like to know all there is to know about both places. : )

Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM

266 posts, read 1,025,797 times
Default Apopka

We have lived in Apopka for almost 2 years. It is pretty much close to everything. 45-50 min to the airport, 25 min to Disney, 20 minutes to the Altamonte mall, Target, Kohls, etc.

We live in what they call "new Apopka" lots of new develoments, new grocery stores, banks, and plazas. We have a brand new elementary school and they are building a new high school.

We are looking to relocate, now mainly because of my husbands job. But its a nice area (in my opinion anyway)

Old 12-29-2006, 10:11 PM

What do you think about the area in Apopka by Sorrento and Kelly Park Rd? We are looking at the new homes being built in that area. Is that area safe? I kepp hearing taht Apopka is divided (good side, bad side). Would this be considered the good side?

Old 12-30-2006, 02:34 PM

Yes that would be the better side of Apopka. The park is beautiful, you can rent tubes and go down the river, its really neat.

Not overly congested there, we had looked at new homes in the Fairways and the development was really nice. There is a mix of housing that way, lots of older homes, some mobile homes, some new homes on the golf course. Its about a 30 min drive to the Seminole town center mall in Sanford and probably 10 min to the 429 to get to Disney.

I think they may be building a new highway somewhere around that area which would be really convienent.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the info. : ) Anything else to know about that area? Florida is all new to me so any info is great info! : )

Old 12-30-2006, 04:50 PM

We have only been here for a little less than 2 years so I'm not a wealth of knowledge.

You will find the good and bad everywhere. We have great neighbors, and people are friendly for the most part. You really don't see the bad unless you travel to that side and not really some place you need to go. There is alot of horse land out that way and some really beautiful homes.

We are originally from MA so FL still feels new to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida