Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 07:27 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,783,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I have been keeping track of the numbers. As of yesterday morning (Wednesday numbers) almost 18% of the population has been vaccinated at least once. I expect by the end of the week it will be close to 20%. That means in 2 months give or take we have vaccinated 1/5 of the population. The numbers have been dramatically increasing over initial weeks but even at the current rate that is that is 10 months not 20 months to vaccinate everyone. Now drop out those under 16 (approx 2 million) and those who refuse (I will conservatively say 30% which gives approx 6.5 million) and the rate is far quicker. Now throw in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that can easily be given to doctors offices, all pharmacies and you can increase the vaccination rate dramatically.

For further information 55% of over 65 have been vaccinated as of numbers yesterday morning.

Yes, I think all states could have done a better job in preparing for this but it is not just the lack of planning by the states but that the drug makers aren't able to produce fast enough. You can't give what you don't have.
I'm happy to be wrong about this. It also probably has something to do with the new administration and the way they approach things vs the last one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 11:17 AM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
The current rate was limited, at the time the "current rate" was originally calculated. At that time, there was only one fully approved vaccine that had limited distribution and a ton of problems with getting it into the arms of people who wanted the vaccine.

Now, there are THREE vaccines, with much more availability of each, and somewhat more efficient distribution and coordination of distribution between the manufacturer, the states, and the health providers.

Things like this don't continue "as is." Things that are new - start out limited. They increase production as/when needed, and that's what has happened.

While I don't have 100% confidence that everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by the end of May, I do feel it will be fewer than 20 months.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:39 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I apologize but I am on the other side of this issue.

People who have had Corona virus should be END OF THE LINE. I personally would not get the vaccine if I had already gotten the virus. While this virus is different in some ways IT'S STILL A VIRUS - once you get it, you're good.

We shouldn't be wasting doses on people who were already sick. After all non sickies have been vaccinated, if someone who had it wants it fine, not before.
Once you Get it You're Good !!!! One half of Clueless Americans, Agains the Other Half of MORE clueless Americans.

The Wife and I take care at home (5 yrs ongoinn) of a 96 yrs old female Relative, Who got infected 35-50 days ago by a Medicaid Designated Companion...chances are that's where my bout also came from too.

The 2 of US needed it more that all the people that never yet got the Vaccine..I am 71 the Wife 69 and we are not 1st Line Defenders, without the Title ???? (The wife has yet to test Positive, yet she was a sicks as I or worse longer than a Home Fight agains Covid with all the goodies that arrive with the Covid)

Poseidon3290 .. go dive in the Agean Sea and hopefully you can encounter The Cracken !!! Once he get's you, you will also be REAL GOOD !!!

Old 03-06-2021, 11:44 AM

1,066 posts, read 623,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I'm happy to be wrong about this. It also probably has something to do with the new administration and the way they approach things vs the last one.
It has nothing to do with the administration. It is all about supply. Very early on, we were told that supply would be limited, but would continue to ramp up. You have been told told this many times in previous posts. Based on current production forecasts, we could have enough supply to address the entire US adult population by the end of May, provided there are no manufacturing delays.

As said before, the greater long term issue will be to convince the holdouts to get vaccinated.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
It has nothing to do with the administration. It is all about supply. Very early on, we were told that supply would be limited, but would continue to ramp up. You have been told told this many times in previous posts. Based on current production forecasts, we could have enough supply to address the entire US adult population by the end of May, provided there are no manufacturing delays.

As said before, the greater long term issue will be to convince the holdouts to get vaccinated.
I say the Holdouts (Like one of my Idiot Sisters) do what they want...eventualy they will vanish like thin Air and those that follow the Rules like the REsT of Us.. get protected.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
The current rate was limited, at the time the "current rate" was originally calculated. At that time, there was only one fully approved vaccine that had limited distribution and a ton of problems with getting it into the arms of people who wanted the vaccine.

Now, there are THREE vaccines, with much more availability of each, and somewhat more efficient distribution and coordination of distribution between the manufacturer, the states, and the health providers.

Things like this don't continue "as is." Things that are new - start out limited. They increase production as/when needed, and that's what has happened.

While I don't have 100% confidence that everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by the end of May, I do feel it will be fewer than 20 months.
Agree with much of this. One big contributing factor is that the manufacturers continue to create more efficiencies in their processes that continue to provide more output. This is typical in manufacturing as you continue to learn as you go.

As we are all now seeing, with supply increasing, we have seen distribution expand to more places like CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, etc. Imagine what it will look like by the middle to end of May (which is not that far away).

Old 03-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I say the Holdouts (Like one of my Idiot Sisters) do what they want...eventualy they will vanish like thin Air and those that follow the Rules like the REsT of Us.. get protected.
I would hope so, yet I am shocked to see how many in the healthcare field are still holding out. I don’t remember which politicians suggested an incentive, but I recall someone proposed that we consider tying some of the COVID relief support to individuals that received the vaccine.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
I would hope so, yet I am shocked to see how many in the healthcare field are still holding out. I don’t remember which politicians suggested an incentive, but I recall someone proposed that we consider tying some of the COVID relief support to individuals that received the vaccine.
Correct., the negativity part of politics the last 12 months looking everywhere except inside our Home !!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2021, 05:49 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Personally I won't get vaccinated because it doesn't totally stop you from getting infected, just showing the symptoms. Plus there are lots of new variants going around. I'll just keep social distancing and wearing a face mask out in public places where other people around.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:38 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Personally I won't get vaccinated because it doesn't totally stop you from getting infected, just showing the symptoms. Plus there are lots of new variants going around. I'll just keep social distancing and wearing a face mask out in public places where other people around.
Not sure where you got your information but it's not correct.

Being vaccinated is not 100% foolproof. But NOT being vaccinated is much riskier. The only thing that will completely stop you from getting sick is total isolation. If you're not willing to completely isolate yourself, then there's really no reason for you to -not- vaccinate, using "not foolproof" as your excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida