Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 PM

44 posts, read 242,813 times

Advertisements

I was looking at a new developement in this area by Cambridge builders. I have 3 young children in Middle and Elementry school. Can anyone provide me the good, bad and ugly on this area. We would be moving from the Tax Me State of Maryland. My biggest concerns are school's and public safety. Please be brutually honest. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 03:54 PM

44 posts, read 242,813 times
Anybody live here?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:37 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I moved your post here.. hopefully someone can help you in the FL forum

Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,195 times
Safety, no problem.
Schools, problem....
Search this site under "Mount Dora" "Lake County" "Eustis"
Lots of data.
Then ask again more specific questions.
Yes, people have lived there or are living there.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:26 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I don't know if you're in a suburban/metro/rural area in MD but Eustis could be a culture shock for kids who are in a typical suburban area. It's very rural, it's quite a distance to Daytona and even the interstate. Please visit the area first- I'm not familiar with that neighborhood but Eustis is way way way different than alot of typical northeastern areas.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,146 times
I live in Eustis and have a child who went to Eustis Middle and Eustis High. There are the typical problems that you will find in all public schools, but generally, she had good teachers. Eustis is small town, but not isolated. We are 15 minutes from the 429 toll road in Apopka and 45 minutes to WDW. I can't really think of anything bad about living here. It is nice IMO. I guess it all depends what you expect. It isn't really that rural. More of an Orlando suburb. We have a WalMart, Target, many chain restaurants etc..
The Seminole Town Mall is about 25 minutes and the LAke Square mall about 15 minutes.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,444 times
Default Moving here soon

I will be moving here shortly, anything else about the area anyone can tell me? We will be very rural and in "the boonies" so to speak . Great eateries? Work availability? I know WDW (woop!) but ..local stuff. I see there is a new farmers market and I am very excited about that!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:40 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcasper View Post
I will be moving here shortly, anything else about the area anyone can tell me? We will be very rural and in "the boonies" so to speak . Great eateries? Work availability? I know WDW (woop!) but ..local stuff. I see there is a new farmers market and I am very excited about that!
I suffered FL for three loooong, painful years, but southerly in the West Palm area. There is only one reason why I dont go get a labotomy to remove all memories of FL, and that is the Eustis/Mt Dora area. Very nice~ without a doubt my favorite area in FL. I could/would live there, no problem. "Rural" depnds on your interpretation. I dont think those areas are rural, but relative to FL, I can see where some might. Lake Dora at christmas time is magic! Your kids will go nuts! The huge international flea markets are lots of fun. To me, if you have to come to FL, you are going to the right place, from a quality-of-life standpoint.
Jobs, will be 'nother story, though

Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
This part of Lake County is very nice but more exurban than suburban. Mt. Dora is a gem and fun to spend the afternoon in. Orlando is not terribly far away when you need bigger city stuff to do. All in all I'd recommend the area to anyone who doesn't mind a long commute, or smaller town life near a big metro.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:18 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Eustis is pretty much a suburb or Orlando now. It's not as rural as it used to be but still relatively small compared to the rest of the Orlando metro. The good thing is although it feels smaller, slower and isolated it's really not. It's about 20 mins to Apopka or Altamonte where you can find any and every thing you need. With the new expressways your only about 30-45 mins from Orlando. I can't really tell you much about the schools. Another positive, this area tends to be slightly cooler than the rest of Central Florida. It's usually about 5 degrees cooler and has a breeze most of the time. I think it's due to the location and topography but it's really nice there this time of year until about April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida