Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 04:54 AM

1,094 posts, read 815,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I will say the state of MO as a whole in modern times is much more southern than Florida currently is. The southern quarter of Missouri is still fully southern like Branson, Springfield, Sikeston, and the other half of the 1/2 of Missouri is a transition zone like Southern IN and southern IL is which is a mix of the south and midwest blended in. Outside of Stl, and KC (midwestern) even just north of the MO river you will still find southern influences (Little Dixie area). I don't hear many accents in north FL like you do in the Missouri Bootheel Delta area.
You can still find southern accents in Florida but it will be more in the rural parts of the state. The Panhandle is referred to as Lower Alabama which is very stereotypically southern. The southern accents in the bigger cities in North Florida aren't that different from what you will hear in North Carolina, Georiga, Tennesse, or any other southern state with a large transient population. I heard some pretty thick country accents in Florida just outside of Jacksonville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida