Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 09:07 PM

9 posts, read 9,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
I work in Clermont but I can't afford anything here anymore... Even in other parts of lake county that were once pretty affordable like Eustis, Tavares, and Leesburg have gotten very expensive. Pieces of crap are selling for 200-225k. I'm working class, my budget for a house is around 200k but I can't find anything around that in Lake County. So I'm starting of thinking of moving to Sumter or Marion County... Like towards Ocala or towards Bushnell... I work in Clermont. I'm self-employed but my clientele is in the Clermont area.
Don't fret... some folks suspect that there is a "correction" in the future for this and other markets, and prices could become more reasonable. I'm sure some on here will disagree about this, and talk about how the recent pandemic-related rise in real estate prices for this area is unlike it was in 2008, blah blah. But the undeniable truth is, the homes in Central Florida aren't worth what they're going for, in the eyes of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 08:13 AM

253 posts, read 191,575 times
Quote:
I'm self-employed....

Quote:
Be quiet boomer. The funny thing about boomers is that they think young people should adapt to the BS that was created by dumb boomers. Whereas "back in your day" you could work at a grocery store and afford a nice little place.
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

You sound entitled as heck. Self employed? With that attitude? Your bigger issue is one of income generation and your dismissal of those who actually may know more than you. If you're truly self-employed (not a gig worker like an Instacart or Uber driver), you need to grow your business and increase income opportunities. You also need to be more open-minded about things. That is what adults do.

Stop worrying about what others did and do. Focus on you, your situation and what you can do to improve it. Anything else is just noise. Thank you for attending my Ted talk.

EDIT: Just realized OP hasn't replied since 5-22. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida