Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 03:18 PM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times

Advertisements

....no laws were broken

laws change....you can't go back and claim reparations every time a law changes

or dish out guilt trips

when I pointed out...at the same time...there were black millionaires...

Quote:
black people bought them too....but yeah, it was perfectly legal....just because it's wrong now....does not make it wrong then

back then they didn't think they were doing anything wrong...you can't hold people responsible now for something like that.....and they had nothing to do with it

Last edited by Yac; 01-15-2023 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 09:01 AM

3,456 posts, read 2,433,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
They had no business being in this country. They were not fleeing war.
Well if the first sentence were true "They had no business being in this country." Then it doesn't really make any sense for Florida to pay for Texas to send them to the opposite side of the USA, about as far from the border as you can get, does it? I mean - wouldn't it make more sense to pay to have them shipped back to the other side of the border? It'd certainly be less expensive.

Our tax dollars at work, all to make a bunch of people who've been taught to hate anything that doesn't look or sound like them, feel better about their own miserable existence.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:00 AM

486 posts, read 518,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....no laws were broken

laws change....you can't go back and claim reparations every time a law changes

or dish out guilt trips

when I pointed out...at the same time...there were black millionaires...
Most atrocities committed on state level scale are completely legal... is the Holocaust a-ok because it was legal under German law at the time?

People should be ashamed of the terrible things your society has done in the past. Its the only way to make sure people don't move back into that direction again.

Apparently we needed to make people be ashamed for treating women like property in the past too... because boy do a lot of the legislatures in the south seem to be heading back to the 1800's in their rights.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:29 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,093,997 times
Can’t wait till his term is up.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:51 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Well if the first sentence were true "They had no business being in this country." Then it doesn't really make any sense for Florida to pay for Texas to send them to the opposite side of the USA, about as far from the border as you can get, does it? I mean - wouldn't it make more sense to pay to have them shipped back to the other side of the border? It'd certainly be less expensive.

Our tax dollars at work, all to make a bunch of people who've been taught to hate anything that doesn't look or sound like them, feel better about their own miserable existence.
The money was well spent, because the CRISIS could no longer be ignored. Funny how social disobedience is often touted as brave and woke, but sending people to a sanctuary city is considered irresponsible. Double standards and hypocrisy is so entrenched with the left, it's like the "forest for the trees" to them.

You understand states can not send them back legally... right? https://www.hawley.senate.gov/new-ha...an-communities

Old 01-17-2023, 09:25 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
Most atrocities committed on state level scale are completely legal...
what the hell atrocity? there's no atrocity here.....

it's against the law for these companies to hire people that are not here legally

the law doesn't even target them....the law targets the companies

no one is going to the gas chambers

Old 01-17-2023, 10:01 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Can’t wait till his term is up.
Maybe Crist or Gillum will run again? Lol

Old 01-17-2023, 10:46 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,840,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
And it was wrong for the black people back then to also buy slaves.

But chattel slavery as it was in the Americas is a beast of its own. There is something especially insidious about race based slavery, and it doesn't end at slavery, but the general treatment of black people predominantly at the hands of white people.

No one is saying that there haven't been white slaves. But its apples to oranges. Y'all know we are talking about a very specific type of slavery yet y'all wanna play the vague game. Its exhausting. And I say this as someone who has both white slaveowners and black slaves in their ancestrial lineage. Many of my ancestors were slave owners. Do I feel guilt about this? No. It was over a century before my birth. Do I feel proud of it? Absolutely not. Its shameful. I don't bear responsibility over what they did, but I have to have awareness of it and the legacies of such a horrible institution. And such a legacy needs to be analysed and discussed in universities because its still affecting communities of colour at this very second.
The "legacy of slavery" is constantly cited by the Woke to justify the extreme level of violence by some black people. None of them alive today were ever slaves. They have no "right" to victimize the rest of us.

They are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in America.

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2023 at 11:03 PM..

Old 01-17-2023, 10:49 AM

152 posts, read 131,126 times
Replace American flag with the Rainbow flag.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:51 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,477,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The "legacy of slavery" is constantly cited by the Woke to justify the extreme level of violence by black people. None of them alive today were ever slaves. They have no "right" to victimize the rest of us.

They are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in America.
And the true colours come out. Not surprised

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2023 at 11:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida