Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 12:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,847,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Then if you can afford to stay and enjoy FL, why the f*k are you complaining?

Now, if our cities start getting surrounded by homeless tents in the nicest neighborhoods, like many other coastal cities, that is when I’ll be concerned.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

NOW YOU care about Florida becoming the next California??????

TOO LATE! It's already happened.

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

Wanna see homeless encampments next to multimillion dollar homes? Come to TAMPA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 12:12 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Cannot say I’ve been to Tampa recently so cannot comment.

And, no, I do not want another CA—which I left from after 33 years in 2016. If it does it will be on to the next place—though FL seems a bit less tolerant of the homeless than CA where they are treated as an endangered species. Apparently far less visible (sheltered v unsheltered) in SoFla (in nicer neighborhoods, if not non existent)

People pay a premium for desirable waterfront (or close to it), warm weather climates. Sad fact of life. Not gonna change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

NOW YOU care about Florida becoming the next California??????

TOO LATE! It's already happened.

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

Wanna see homeless encampments next to multimillion dollar homes? Come to TAMPA!

Last edited by elchevere; 02-15-2023 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-15-2023, 12:36 PM

17,164 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:

15 bucks for organic eggs, Publix? COME ON! You can do better than that, Publix. I can pay $500 for eggs. Bring it!
Come on man... Organic eggs aren't $15 at Publix. The brand I buy is $7.99, and often times on sale at $5.99 -- same price as they were prior to the massive increase in prices for regular eggs. Only the latter has seen a dramatic increase. And it has nothing to do with billionaires buying property in Florida. Standard Egg prices have gone up everywhere. Organic, not really.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:41 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Avian flu

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-produc...chartId=105576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Come on man... Organic eggs aren't $15 at Publix. The brand I buy is $7.99, and often times on sale at $5.99 -- same price as they were prior to the massive increase in prices for regular eggs. Only the latter has seen a dramatic increase. And it has nothing to do with billionaires buying property in Florida. Standard Egg prices have gone up everywhere. Organic, not really.

Old 02-15-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Come on man. Surely you know that grocery stores are constantly playing with their pricing. The price of eggs today at Publix in Glen Allen, VA, is going to be completely different than the price of eggs at a Publix in Columbia, SC, or in Tampa FL.

Publix clearly thinks (one of) my Tampa property is in an "ultra-elite" neighborhood, since they think I will pay 12 bucks for non-organic eggs (as shown below, photo taken on Sunday). They were completely out of organic eggs. Otherwise I would have an organic egg photo to share. But alas, you will just have to use your brain to extrapolate from the non-organic price.

Perhaps your Zip code is not "ultra-elite" enough to warrant 12 dollar or 15 dollar egg prices.

But fret not!

The billionaire masses are coming.

I'm sure your Publix will adjust prices accordingly!
Attached Thumbnails
America’s Priciest Neighborhoods are Changing as Ultra-Rich Move to Florida-img_1413.jpg  

Last edited by sinatras; 02-15-2023 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-15-2023, 03:49 PM

17,164 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Come on man. Surely you know that grocery stores are constantly playing with their pricing. The price of eggs today at Publix in Glen Allen, VA, is going to be completely different than the price of eggs at a Publix in Columbia, SC, or in Tampa FL.

Publix clearly thinks (one of) my Tampa property is in an "ultra-elite" neighborhood, since they think I will pay 12 bucks for non-organic eggs (as shown below, photo taken on Sunday). They were completely out of organic eggs. Otherwise I would have an organic egg photo to share. But alas, you will just have to use your brain to extrapolate from the non-organic price.

Perhaps your Zip code is not "ultra-elite" enough to warrant 12 dollar or 15 dollar egg prices.

But fret not!

Where is the $15??

I live in an area full of million dollar homes. (Most of us here do, if you haven't caught on yet. We just don't brag about it.)

If your Publix is out of Organic Eggs (I thought you moved out of Tampa Bay???????) then go to ****ing Sprouts. Organic eggs aplenty. WTF?? Get them on Instacart.

It has NOTHING to do with "elite" moving here. Egg prices are up everywhere.

And yes, I frequent South Tampa (where you claim to own these high-priced properties) a lot. Same thing, different day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Exactly. Readers are leaders.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 02-15-2023 at 04:08 PM..

Old 02-15-2023, 04:41 PM

18,438 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Those are free-range eggs.....free-range are the most expensive eggs you can buy

Old 02-15-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Where is the $15??

I live in an area full of million dollar homes. (Most of us here do, if you haven't caught on yet. We just don't brag about it.)

If your Publix is out of Organic Eggs (I thought you moved out of Tampa Bay???????) then go to ****ing Sprouts. Organic eggs aplenty. WTF?? Get them on Instacart.

It has NOTHING to do with "elite" moving here. Egg prices are up everywhere.

And yes, I frequent South Tampa (where you claim to own these high-priced properties) a lot. Same thing, different day.

Exactly. Readers are leaders.

Guess you can't be bothered to use your brain to calculate that the organic eggs are gonna be priced 2-3 dollars over the 12 dollar non-organic eggs. Here's another photo I just took at an indie store nearby. Another non-organic price for you. Even more expensive than Publix. Again this store was out of organic eggs. Which seems to be a supply chain issue in Tampa stores.

I assume that the organic version of these "Happy Eggs" will be well north of 15 dollars!
Attached Thumbnails
America’s Priciest Neighborhoods are Changing as Ultra-Rich Move to Florida-img_0972.jpg  

Old 02-15-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Those are free-range eggs.....free-range are the most expensive eggs you can buy
Those were the only eggs to be had at Publix that day. Every other shelf space was empty

Old 02-15-2023, 05:10 PM

2,338 posts, read 2,286,565 times
Quote:

But fret not!

I’m guessing you shop at the Greenwise Publix in Hyde Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida