Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2023, 03:44 PM

21 posts, read 11,152 times

Advertisements

Well dang! This saddens me greatly. I am moving there specifically for the weather. I lived in California for over 10 years and AA must be sprinkled there too <deep exhalation>

I suppose my next stop when he finishes high school will be one of the Caribbean countries.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2023, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
I mean, why do you care that a black person is looking for an area where they can be around mostly other black people? White people don't generally want to be around too many---if ANY---black people ANYWAY. That's where the whole occurrence of WHITE FLIGHT comes from, and history and sociology (basically, FACTS) back that up. You're just gaslighting...
Julio, I really didn't feel like unpacking all that was needed to address his comment and/or concern. I am not really even looking to live around mostly black people, simply put, I would like there to be "some" where my kid isn't the only one and teachers are not accustomed to teaching kids from our culture, us being the only ones in the grocery stores, movies, mall, park, etc...

Old 12-09-2023, 03:56 PM

Thank you thank you thank you!

Old 12-09-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
This is false and exaggerated. Skip over this statement. This person is so negative towards the education system, the city etc. Actually you would be better off asking minorities this question that live in Florida and experience it. I believe largest house in Hillsborough County is by a non-white person. Also, shortly whites will be the minority in this county if they are not already. "white non-Hispanic".
I would love to ask minorities. Where do you recommend I start? Any particular platform?

Old 12-09-2023, 07:39 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadanique View Post
I would love to ask minorities. Where do you recommend I start? Any particular platform?
You’ve had a few, right here in this thread, offer advice. Myself included. And SilverCt9a.

Old 12-11-2023, 07:35 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,088,178 times
Quote:
Probably Reddit has a page for minorities to ask other minorities. I believe there are some Facebook accounts that you can join if you have Facebook. YouTube has a lot of videos as well with some African Americans talking about moving here. City-Data tends to swing with right political and conservative views. Reddit views lean to the left, but can be negative too as a lot of people are upset of so many people moving to Florida.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You’ve had a few, right here in this thread, offer advice. Myself included. And SilverCt9a.
Thank you all. I have added them to my list. I am headed down Sunday to take a drive through and check out the areas. I am so very thankful to all of you. I had no idea where to start looking and you all gave me a great baseline.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:23 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Quote:
Thank you all. I have added them to my list. I am headed down Sunday to take a drive through and check out the areas. I am so very thankful to all of you. I had no idea where to start looking and you all gave me a great baseline.
Good luck and safe travels! I hope you enjoy our wonderful state. You’re visiting at a great time of year and if you decide to drive to some of the northern parts, you’ll have a chance to experience the cooler climate and see whether or not it’s too cold for you and your family.

I suspect you’ll find a city or area that is the right fit. Please report back when you get home!

Old 12-12-2023, 01:59 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Best of luck!
If you can, please update us after your visit!

Old 12-12-2023, 03:34 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Best of luck!
If you can, please update us after your visit!
Yes, please! We would love to hear your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida