Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 08:24 PM

626 posts, read 400,285 times

Advertisements

Poor people are extremely useful in a country with privatized prisons and a history of over policing in marginalized communities. If they somehow manage to avoid the prison industrial complex, they make great low wage labor ripe for exploitation.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-03-2024 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 08:57 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
I too don’t think Trump himself is a racist, a narcissist and pathological liar yes, but I’d wager the average Trumper outside of metropolitan areas certainly are.
Biden: "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

There are just as many racist white liberals as there are conservatives.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:09 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
For what it's worth, pregnancy is at least 300% preventable. Here's how: You can choose to abstain. I know that seems "crazy" to some in this day and age, but it's an option and 100% effective. You can also choose from an incredibly array of birth control, all of which is near 100% effective. You can also choose to wear condoms, which of course when worn correctly are 100% effective, you can even do this in addition to using birth control; it's not an either-or option.

Murder should not be a birth control option because pregnancy is incredibly preventable if you don't want to get pregnant. Most pregnancies nowadays are by choice, and even in instances where they are "unplanned" there were plenty of options to safeguard against it.

Obviously, any reasonable person (aside from the fundamentalists) will give reasonable exemption for rape and incest (again up to a reasonable time frame), both of which are incredibly rare compared to your average "oopsie". So, there's no need to play the "what about rape and incest" card. Bluff called.
If every unplanned pregnancy were to be prevented that would be 100%, not 300%.

Oh, if only everyone always used contraceptives properly!

No, condoms are not 100% effective. They can break. Plan B is an option if that happens, but many who oppose abortion want to classify that as an abortifacient. (It's not, it will not abort an existing pregnancy).

Contraceptives are used in about half of pregnancies for which abortion is sought.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:10 PM

So when the rubber meets the road, which camp would you say harbors those who have the most racial animosity, Trump or Biden supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Biden: "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

There are just as many racist white liberals as there are conservatives.

Old 04-04-2024, 12:09 AM

Quote:
So when the rubber meets the road, which camp would you say harbors those who have the most racial animosity, Trump or Biden supporters?
I honestly think it's pretty even between the two. Racist Trump supporters make it clear they are racists. Racist Biden supporters try to hide their racism but comes out when they are angry or have Freudian slips. I've been told numerous times by white liberals; "well you should just focus on what's going on in China" when I say something that doesn't align with their views. Why? I'm not Chinese. I wasn't even born in Asia. Look how quick the left will demonize a minority that doesn't believe in their set ideals. Remember Kelly Osbourne saying on the view, "If you kick out Latinos, who will clean your toilets?" I also lowkey think the left's attempt to make minorities feel like helpless victims that cannot move up in life an attempt to keep them dependent on government for votes.

Old 04-04-2024, 03:20 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Doesn't that go against MAGA belief systems?
Rigidly adhering to any ideology or belief system or party line is not an effective survival strategy; better to sell such crap than to buy it.

Opportunistic adaptability according to circumstances is a more effective tool for the individual, often those same individuals who sell ideologies and belief systems and party lines crap.

Oval-fillers are free to troll in turn these ridiculous political parties who in turn troll oval-fillers.

The individual oval filler is free to fill in ovals according to party line, write in names, fill in ovals for both one and the other on different sections of the ballot paper, including these often ridiculous referendum questions, and leave certain sections blank, including these often ridiculous referendum questions.

Only idiots rigidly adhere to an ideology, belief system, or party line that falls to pieces the moment reality hits the ground.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:47 AM

I lived in Boston, a liberal bastion especially around the Cambridge area where I resided so I won’t dismiss your experiences as they seem totally plausible; however, I find your opinion to be absolutely incorrect. If we were to take a poll (outside of C-D because it skews heavily to one demographic: Older, MAGA, rural, and plenty of closet racists) it would be clear that Trump and his base skew on bigotry - anyone saying otherwise is simply being disingenuous.

As a simple proof of concept, in large numbers are the hate groups supporting Trump or Biden? Did the hate groups support Desantis or Christ during the gubernatorial race? Do hate groups in general support Democratic candidates in any political race?

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...-donald-trump/

https://americasvoice.org/blog/dozen...er-of-the-gop/

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ng-the-result/

White nationalist hate groups have grown 55% in Trump era, report finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rty-law-center

Quote:
I honestly think it's pretty even between the two. Racist Trump supporters make it clear they are racists. Racist Biden supporters try to hide their racism but comes out when they are angry or have Freudian slips. I've been told numerous times by white liberals; "well you should just focus on what's going on in China" when I say something that doesn't align with their views. Why? I'm not Chinese. I wasn't even born in Asia. Look how quick the left will demonize a minority that doesn't believe in their set ideals. Remember Kelly Osbourne saying on the view, "If you kick out Latinos, who will clean your toilets?" I also lowkey think the left's attempt to make minorities feel like helpless victims that cannot move up in life an attempt to keep them dependent on government for votes.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-04-2024 at 07:52 AM..

Old 04-04-2024, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I lived in Boston, a liberal bastion especially around the Cambridge area where I resided so I won’t dismiss your experiences as they seem totally plausible; however, I find your opinion to be absolutely incorrect. If we were to take a poll (outside of C-D because it skews heavily to one demographic: Older, MAGA, rural, and plenty of closet racists) it would be clear that Trump and his base skew on bigotry - anyone saying otherwise is simply being disingenuous.

As a simple proof of concept, in large numbers are the hate groups supporting Trump or Biden? Did the hate groups support Desantis or Christ during the gubernatorial race? Do hate groups in general support Democratic candidates in any political race?

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...-donald-trump/

https://americasvoice.org/blog/dozen...er-of-the-gop/

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ng-the-result/

White nationalist hate groups have grown 55% in Trump era, report finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rty-law-center
Racist liberals don't identify as racists. As I said, it's more subconscious level that comes out in Freudian slips or when they are angry.

Old 04-04-2024, 01:26 PM

Ok, but by that theory you can at best guess “liberals” are as racist as “conservatives.” I’m actually providing links to studies that all but take away the guess work and clearly point to MAGA being the party of hate.

If we go your route, it pretty much means that all whites are racist - How comfortable are you with that stance?

Again let’s not over complicate this, what party are the racists supporting in droves? *Hint* It isn’t the Democrats.

Quote:
Racist liberals don't identify as racists. As I said, it's more subconscious level that comes out in Freudian slips or when they are angry.

Old 04-04-2024, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Ok, but by that theory you can at best guess “liberals” are as racist as “conservatives.” I’m actually providing links to studies that all but take away the guess work and clearly point to MAGA being the party of hate.

If we go your route, it pretty much means that all whites are racist - How comfortable are you with that stance?

Again let’s not over complicate this, what party are the racists supporting in droves? *Hint* It isn’t the Democrats.
Once again, I respectfully disagree. Most whites in both parties are not racist in my opinion and the ones who are racist are equally split. On the right, they are loud and proud. On the left, they hide or don’t even realize it. I grew up in a small town in Alaska and also lived in San Francisco. At the end of the day, there was no more or less racism in the small red town vs the large blue city. Nothing will change my mind on that because it’s been my experience. And when you are aware of this, just pay attention. I remember one of my liberal friends who absolutely hates trump and says all maga are racists tell my chinese american friend who was born here, well it’s none of your business, just focus on china. He knows she was born here. The issue was she was condemning the riots that were taking place after George Floyd. I’ve had similar experiences to this as well. Biden saying you arent black if you don’t vote for him is racist. Osbourne equating hispanics to toilet cleaners is racist. Anyways, this will just go back and forth because it’s something we don’t agree with and that’s fine. That’s what makes this country great is we can have different opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida