Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Pharmacy tech with no friends family in Florida, marriage problems force relocation to Florida to start new life, good school districts, high cost of living, Florida salaries low, many churches in area

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:19 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,396 times

Advertisements

Make sure you are allowed to take your daughter out of the state, your ex husband may not allow it and he could wind up with custody if you disobey a court order or a state law.
The schools in Florida are still not very good and bringing a twelve year old girl here is going to be very rough on her, especially if you have money issues, and pharmacy techs do not make much money here. Being able to speak Spanish is often a criteria in public service jobs.
Please for your sake and your child's please research carefully and a lot. If it was just you it would be different, you alone can always sleep on the couch or in your car, don't do that to your daughter.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:03 PM

523 posts, read 2,830,147 times
Good luck to you, GO for it. Sarasota is high, you will most likely have to head north on interstate 75 to get decent housing. ALso PROGressive Insurance is big outfit in Brandon is always hiring CUstomer Svc. MEDCO is also in Brandon area.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:49 AM

6 posts, read 12,014 times
Thanks once again for everyone's help/input/concern--I'm starting to consider the Tampa area after several of you suggested that may be more practical than my 'dream' area of Sarasota. I guess I have to be realistic.I just have alot of concerns about that area-- mainly size, crime, schools for my 12 year old that would be comparable to what we have here in Mich. I'm sure there are very nice parts of that city with decent schools, hopefully in an area we wouldn't be afraid to walk around in,although a few of you did make helpful suggestions regarding just that (thank you!) And of course that little matter of my 12 year old and taking her from Mich. to Fla. has to be resolved first and foremost...

Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quinn, best of luck to you. I'm sure you have a lot of people whose thoughts and prayers are with you. Life will get better for you and your daughter, I'm sure. Be strong, girl.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 AM

41 posts, read 351,777 times
Default You can still move out of state!!!!!!!

I am a man that is divorced, and have Joint Legal and Physical custody of my 2 children 9 & 11 yrs old. I live in central Michigan, my ex and her husband
wanted to move to Alabama for a job transfer. I protested at first, until my
lawyer informed me that the judge will allow them to go. I was surprised because in the custody settlement it stated that she could not move more then 100 miles from me. The bottom line in my case, is that my kids mother and step dad had better career opportunitys in Alabama. So the judge will
always do what is best for the kids. Now I have my kids all summer and alternating holiday schedules. Quinn here is what I would do if this guy is a
wife beater. The next time he lays a hand on you, call the police and get a report. This is golden in court, along with that you can record any conversation or argument with your husband and use it in court.
I wish you the best and you can bet that the judge will do what is best for your daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida