Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:37 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
well here is a way to look at it. everyone is fleeing miami/ so fl, my family sure as hell did! everyone is moving to atl. i wonder why everyone is leaving sunny so fl and why everyone is moving to the atl. it is probably because there are better business opportunities and a better economy in atl and it at the very least bare minimum seems like a better/more normal place to raise a family. I'm not bashing so Fl on everything, there are some nice parts (we used to live in the Grove) however nice or not, there are some weird and unsavory dealings going on everywhere down there and it is a lot harder to find people to trust and become family friends with. Plus, if you are white and do not espeake espanol very well, then you are going to have a tough time in s fl just tolerating it, whereas english is the language of choice and the language of business in atl.

Yup, good points
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 04:19 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Planetsurf, off the website you posted from morgan quitno:

Most Dangerous 25 --------> 1Detroit, MI 2St. Louis, MO 3Flint, MI 4Oakland, CA 5Camden, NJ 6Birmingham, AL 7North Charleston, SC 8Memphis, TN 9Richmond, CA 10Cleveland, OH 11Orlando, FL and Atlanta was 21st.

where's atlanta in 2007? i saw in 1994 and 1995 atlanta was the worst, but this is 2008 now. (this info is a little dated: Atlanta, Georgia - 1994[1], 1995[2])
If you look at any of the links I provided you see Atlanta in 2007:
City Crime Rankings by Population Group
11Orlando, FL
21Atlanta, GA
Miami didn't make the top 25 with them this time.
(Both have been getting better crime-wise since their heydays.)

The FBI has Atlanta 16, Orlando 18 & Miami 35.
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/City...8_Rank_Rev.pdf

You can also compare this:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed
to this:
Same basic results.

There are plenty of valid reasons to prefer Atlanta over Florida (& Miami), including "I just like it better." But as I said, Atlanta consistently has worse crime statistics than Miami, so that's not one of them.

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 12-17-2008, 04:37 PM

89 posts, read 1,048,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
If you look at any of the links I provided you see Atlanta in 2007:
City Crime Rankings by Population Group
11Orlando, FL
21Atlanta, GA
Miami didn't make the top 25 with them this time.
(Both have been getting better crime-wise since their heydays.)

The FBI has Atlanta 16, Orlando 18 & Miami 35.
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/City...8_Rank_Rev.pdf

You can also compare this:
to this:
Same basic results.

There are plenty of valid reasons to prefer Atlanta over Florida (& Miami), including "I just like it better." But as I said, Atlanta consistently has worse crime statistics than Miami, so that's not one of them.
Most people who say they live in miami and says it has more crime than atl don't actually live in the city of MIAMI. However many cities in so fl have higher crime rates than atlanta.

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida