Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 05:03 PM

113 posts, read 309,666 times

Advertisements

I went to hollywood studios to supersoap weekend. It was great. I loved seeing all the stars and it was so warm. I live where it is so cold in the winter. It felt like it was a summer day. I plan to move there someday. we went on the tower of terror. That was scary but it was the best trip of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 05:31 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Glad you had fun, sure beats the icky cold weather IMO.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM

95 posts, read 390,019 times
Glad you had a good time at DHS and that the weather was pleasant during your visit! I really enjoyed the warmer weather we had around Christmas time this year, although some Floridians didn't.

I was scared of riding Tower of Terror at first, and it took some convincing from friends to get me to go on it - so glad I did!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM

255 posts, read 757,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine18102 View Post
I went to hollywood studios to supersoap weekend. It was great. I loved seeing all the stars and it was so warm. I live where it is so cold in the winter. It felt like it was a summer day. I plan to move there someday. we went on the tower of terror. That was scary but it was the best trip of my life.
So glad to hear someone ENJOYING our fine state!

That's how it started for me also; came down on vacation from up north, went to the beach, disney, and all your typical tourist attractions, returned home and dreamt of returning to live. After meeting my hubby, we were transfered here and have lived ever since. Although we are needing to move out of the state for health reasons...it is difficult to leave this life behind.

A word of advice if you plan on moving down here. Take your time and really think about what type of lifestyle you truely enjoy. Disney is a lot of fun and a great vacation spot, but also are the beaches, and some of our quaint little inland towns. Decide what you enjoy the most then do some research about that area to live because vacation life and real life are so different. Everyday life doesn't consist of being able to splurg every day on disney fare/tickets/trips, or beach vacations and long weekends, so that is a bit of a hard reality we had to get into our heads. We thought it would be all fun and balloons when we got here but soon realized that we don't get to enjoy Florida like we did on vacation.

Florida is a wonderful place to live, if you can make the time to enjoy it properly. We have just figured out how to manage more time for the things we loved about Florida and we are glad we did before it was too late.

So, enjoy your visits here and return often

Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 PM

44 posts, read 119,595 times
Hi there, I lived in Kissimmee for 6 yrs. my husband worked at Disney and i worked as a second job in Sea World! yes these attractions are way out awesome BUT it's like mia posted everyday life doesn;t consist of being able to enjoy ALL the attractions. I mean my husband and me ended up giving away tickets to anyone we saw because we just didn;t have the time to go.
Notice how i wrote that i worked in Sea World as a second job ...??... well cost of living in Florida is VERY high and in order to make it you have to have a REALLY REALLy good paying job if not you will end up having 2 jobs and then again you won;t have the time to enjoy Florida. It is NOT the same to go on vacation wheres you don;t have anything to worry about excpet for which park are we gonna go tomorrow then actually living there where you have so many worries such as paying HIGH electric bills (cause it is soooooo hot you need the a/c) HIGH car insurance, HIGH rents,and so forth. if i was you i would do ALOT of research before actually making your move. It is better to live in another state with a good job etc... and go to Florida on vacation and enjoy it to the fullest! Then to loose it all over a magical word of Disney!
Have you seen the newspapers lately??? Alot of people are unemployed in Florida. I don't mean to get your hopes down nor stomp all over your nice memories of Florida but it would be a shame that you probably leave a nice paying job, leave your apartment, maybe sell most of your belongings and then go to Florida and find that it is NOT what you had expected! Remember as well that FLORIDA IS THE WORST paying state.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:11 PM

113 posts, read 309,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenushka View Post
Hi there, I lived in Kissimmee for 6 yrs. my husband worked at Disney and i worked as a second job in Sea World! yes these attractions are way out awesome BUT it's like mia posted everyday life doesn;t consist of being able to enjoy ALL the attractions. I mean my husband and me ended up giving away tickets to anyone we saw because we just didn;t have the time to go.
Notice how i wrote that i worked in Sea World as a second job ...??... well cost of living in Florida is VERY high and in order to make it you have to have a REALLY REALLy good paying job if not you will end up having 2 jobs and then again you won;t have the time to enjoy Florida. It is NOT the same to go on vacation wheres you don;t have anything to worry about excpet for which park are we gonna go tomorrow then actually living there where you have so many worries such as paying HIGH electric bills (cause it is soooooo hot you need the a/c) HIGH car insurance, HIGH rents,and so forth. if i was you i would do ALOT of research before actually making your move. It is better to live in another state with a good job etc... and go to Florida on vacation and enjoy it to the fullest! Then to loose it all over a magical word of Disney!
Have you seen the newspapers lately??? Alot of people are unemployed in Florida. I don't mean to get your hopes down nor stomp all over your nice memories of Florida but it would be a shame that you probably leave a nice paying job, leave your apartment, maybe sell most of your belongings and then go to Florida and find that it is NOT what you had expected! Remember as well that FLORIDA IS THE WORST paying state.
I do not have to worry about working. I have been onss/d since2006 and i am on section 8. The rents there are the same as here for 4 bedroom house. I pay high heating bills in pa. 350.00 amonth and are 100.00 electric bill. I guess my electric bill would be the same. for ac. we do not own a car. I can do just find with the bus. I am sure that we will be just find there.

Last edited by sunshine18102; 02-21-2009 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: missed letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida