Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM

142 posts, read 578,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian to relocate View Post
jimking you seem so sure on the fl house market . why do you tell everyone what will happen . you can not say for sure , what will happen if we get 4 storms like 04 05 .thousands lost there home had to move somewhere that when the prices started to go up . its a cycle they will go back up in time .
p s if you know everything about fl give me the the 6 lotto numbers for sat
I agree. And where are they making new land close to the ocean. Florida coastal areas are hurtling towards buildout in all of this. Look at the prices in NJ and Cali coastal areas. I think up up up...

Even the stock market has it's ups and downs. Nothing goes in a straight line upward. Here in South St. Lucie county I'd look for a rebound effect from Scripps and Torrey Pines and all the other off shoots that will follow. Cali's Scripps area is expensive. Check this area out in 4 or 5 years..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattncind View Post
Well we are looking to put our home on the market sometime this year. All the "experts" are saying that we should see somewhat of an upswing in the housing market by mid year so hopefully that happens.

So does anyone have any advice as to what time of the year is best to put your home on the market in Central Florida? Specifically this year. Or does it make sense to hold onto early next year (keeping in mind that the latest we would like to list it is first thing 08)

Thanks in advance
We have a home for sale in Central Florida, waterfront, salt water canal,great area, private road, boat ramp, nature- manatees, dolphins, birds, deer. We've had it for sale since 9/06 with no bites. Just sold our waterfront lot next to house. Hvae reduced price. So far, no takers on house- nice house. SO, the market is still lousy. Houses are selling -but rarely. If you want to sell, maybe it is better to wait and see what the legislature does for insurance and taxes.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frannyjoe View Post
We have a home for sale in Central Florida, waterfront, salt water canal,great area, private road, boat ramp, nature- manatees, dolphins, birds, deer. We've had it for sale since 9/06 with no bites. Just sold our waterfront lot next to house. Hvae reduced price. So far, no takers on house- nice house. SO, the market is still lousy. Houses are selling -but rarely. If you want to sell, maybe it is better to wait and see what the legislature does for insurance and taxes.
Is your house really for sale, or for sale at the right price? I heard a annalist on TV say a lot of the houses on the market are not really for sale, but owners looking to cash out if they can get their price. If things work correctly it should not really matter that prices fluctuate since the next house you buy you will also be paying less for. So if you get less for your current house it is a push. It seems the people who want top dollar for their houses are also the same people who want to pay nothing for someone else's house. That makes it hard to sell anything, neither buyers nor sellers are playing the game, just spinning their wheels.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:12 AM

44 posts, read 275,308 times
Default When to sell

I think Nov-Jan are slow due to holidays, even for northerners relocating. I think now-Aug is a good time. Although I'm skeptical after hurricane season starts as a storm brewing out there puts dampers on transactions. I think now through summer is good because people are trying to find and relocate when kids are out of school. I listed my house in July, unfortunately just missed all the buying frenzy, and am still sitting. It's not the house, neighborhood, or price, but the market, concern or taxes/insurance. It did get crazy, but it's gone too far in the opposite direction, has to come back somewhere in the middle, sometime.......soon, I hope. All just my opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida