Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times

Advertisements

WOW !!

Thank you so much.

Allot better then the "Paint Florida as a bad place to live " photo thread anyday.

Can't wait to see the dolphin pics, will have the little one here tomorrow to see them to.

We are going to take her to swim with the dolphins at Sea World soon and she wanted to see actual pictures instead of those in magazines etc.

Appreciated !!!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times

Pelicans forming a squadron on Cape San Blas.
Yesterday, the husband and his nephew had a manatee visit them at the dock.
He was so docile that they were able to gently pet him. The husband emailed pictures but I haven't yet figured out how to get them moved from one folder to another. Below is a pic of the beach at Amelia Island.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:39 AM

147 posts, read 696,508 times
Default Moving pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Pelicans forming a squadron on Cape San Blas.

Oh cil, what an awesome picture!

Yesterday, the husband and his nephew had a manatee visit them at the dock. He was so docile that they were able to gently pet him. The husband emailed pictures but I haven't yet figured out how to get them moved from one folder to another. Below is a pic of the beach at Amelia Island.
Are your pictures still "in" your email program? I'm assuming they are... so if they are..., open the email, then "right" click on the picture itself: choose "Save picture As." I'm using "Outlook Express" by the way.

If there are several pictures - again open the email, there are headings such as: File, Edit, View, Tools, etc. at the VERY top. From those choices, "left" click on "File." A drop-down menu will appear. Choose "Save attachments..." A list of all the attachments will appear - with the option of what to do with them or where to put them. Choose "Select All" if you want, then choose "Save." There is a "Browse" (browsing your own computer) at the bottom, with the default folder being "My documents..." Put them in a picture folder where you can find them later. Let me know if you have any problems with these instructions.

I CAN'T WAIT to see pictures of that manatee!!! Oh wow!!!

I'm still trying to upload my pictures of the dolphins from my computer to Photobucket, but I'm getting a "script" error message along the way - but there are more than ONE way to do things... LOL.

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judlea View Post
Are your pictures still "in" your email program?
Thanks Judlea
No, I got them out of the email but they automatically go to Picasa and my Documents folder, but just not right away--it's complicated (it was a folder within a folder). Anyway, I figured it out, but the pic is not that exciting.
There were other full-length photos but I chose this one of his head.
Manatees are so lovable but perhaps not that photogenic, plus I think my husband was kind of scrambing to get a photo.
Spouse says the manatee was close to ten feet long--is that possible?
He also said that the manatee's back was covered with seaweedy-type stuff.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/Capresesalad/DSC_0032.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Manatees

There are lots of manatees in this area, but I've never really gotten to see one up close. I did see a very large one cruising down a very large canal several years ago though. What a thrill... I think they get up to 9-10 feet.

What, manatees not photogenic??? LOL Cute picture.

There is actually a park area around here where people can go to see the manatees in winter..., and we know of other places where manatees visit. They like and seek warmer waters in the winter. We've never visited the park (or the other areas), but now would be a good time!!!

Okay, gonna work on getting those dolphin pictures uploaded -

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 AM

55 posts, read 345,376 times
Hi Judlea, Those are beautiful pictures, where exactly is Lake Istokpoga and Highlands County located? What town is this north Florida?

Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM

131 posts, read 1,034,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Got any pictures of dolphins I can show my 8 year old?
Here are a few I took at Sea World...

Here's one from the Intracoastal here in New Smyrna Beach...

Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Highlands County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynB View Post
Hi Judlea, Those are beautiful pictures, where exactly is Lake Istokpoga and Highlands County located? What town is this north Florida?
Lake Istokpoga is just about in the center of the state from west to east - between the cities of Sarasota on the west coast and Port St. Lucie on the east coast. Right in the middle of the state...

Major cities in Highlands County are Sebring to the north and Lake Placid to the south. Right up the I-27 corridor.

The history of Highlands County is fascinating. It is considered the spine or backbone of Florida because it is located on the Lake Wales Ridge. We did quite a bit of research about the area - because this is the area we have chosen for our retirement. Lots of rolling hills, hundreds of lakes, still warm

enough for us in the winter, centrally located so we can visit either coast (the coasts are the preferred destination by the majority of snow birds), small town atmosphere...

Oh darn.... Now there will be a major invasion of, or stampede to, Highlands County. Oh yeah, the bad news - they now have "impact fees" for new construction. Everything balances out!!!!

OH WOW Florida Impressions those dolphin pictures are amazing.
Mine were taken on a "Dolphin/Sunset" cruise we took a few years ago - and they aren't nearly as good, bright, brilliant, or clear - but I have them ready to post now. Together we can give Floridabound09's little 8 year old quite a show. LOL

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part I

Every year, during my son's annual vacation, we take him somewhere very special. This particular year was on a Dolphin/Sunset Cruise. Another year it was for a plane ride over the everglades - seeing the 10,000 Islands. Another year it was to the space center. Another year it was on the Express to Key West. Okay, just so you understand the who, why, and where, back to the cruise...

Passengers signing in - (sign up was at a Cape Coral Yacht Club dock and the cruise was sponsored by Cape Coral Parks & Recreation)

The boat arrives the smaller cruiser on the left in this picture

Passengers boarding

The Captain & Crew - Two women acted as the crew

Passengers Settling In

On Our Way Out... threatening RAIN

Clouds looking BAD

Is that a clearing in the sky????

Uhh ooh.. People heading back in!!! Not a good sign

A long way down the river to the gulf - oh well, keep taking pictures...

Stay tuned for Parts II, III, IV, V, etc. - Are you bored yet? LOL

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Nope. Keep 'em coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida