Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 16,338 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend, a few of our friends, and I will be planning a much needed vacation to Florida. Which city has the best gay/lesbian nightlife? Best bars/clubs? ANY help will be much appreciated!!

JENN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 PM

807 posts, read 3,187,166 times
I don't know your definition of "best" but I'm thinkin' Key West would suit you.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:04 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I'd say Key West but also South Beach. They are close enough that you can do both in the same vacation.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I'd say Key West but also South Beach. They are close enough that you can do both in the same vacation.
I know you didn't just say...do both...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
Any double-entendre perceived was not intended!

Last edited by tilli; 03-08-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 03-08-2009, 05:25 PM

509 posts, read 1,680,536 times
Gainesville is a very liberal city with a nice gay community. I think that's probably true for most of the university cities. There's always South Beach if you want a bigger city with a more international flavor. Gainesville would be more of a laid back place to kind of settle down without being boring.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Any double-entendre perceived was not intended!
Whew!! lol

Old 08-01-2010, 05:43 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalaz2 View Post
My girlfriend, a few of our friends, and I will be planning a much needed vacation to Florida. Which city has the best gay/lesbian nightlife? Best bars/clubs? ANY help will be much appreciated!!

JENN
Hi Jenn, sorry for the inappropriate comments...it doesn't represent but a few backward types who unfortunately are allowed to live anywhere. I'm gay and born/raised in South Florida. Of all the cities in Florida I would most recommend
the Tampa-St Petersburg area, more specifically St Pete...as it has more of a balanced club scene (not all clubs are geared exclusively toward men). There are some excellent gay-friendly beaches in St Pete, check out Pass-A-Grille Beach (the southern tip of St Pete Beach) or Sunset Beach (on the southern tip of Treasure Island). It's less pricey to stay in the area also. Here's a couple of links to help you decide:

Home - Gay St. Pete
St. Petersburg Clearwater vacation and travel |

Old 08-01-2010, 09:16 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
If you are gay and looking to vacation (not an area to live like some posters are advertising for) then I would have to ask you do you feel like you need to be around a lot of other gay people (usually mostly gay guys)? If so, then hit up Key West, South Beach, and Fort Lauderdale Beach (Wilton Manors is EXTREMELY gay). It seems to me, though, that gay girls are different from the guys in that they don't mind a little peace and quiet and don't need to be as much in a homogeneously gay environment. If that is the case and you are just looking for some good "relaxing" beach time and good restaurants and a few good bars that would at minimum be accepting, then there are areas all over FL that would do. Every major city is going to have a "gay" community(s) and have gay bars/clubs, but overall SE FL has several areas that cater mainly just to gay people (again it seems like it's mainly guys to me).

That's my take.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
jsimms gave you good choices! Wilton Manors in Ft. Lauderdale is the gay city in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I know South Beach has some lesbian clubs.
Twist on South Beach is the premier gay club but most clubs there are unisexual meaning you will always have gays mixed in the crowd no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida