Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
HELLO - and besides who cares about MN or Buffalo, we don't live there and neither has tanaples. What is up with that?
and my daughter went to college in Cortland. Ok, let HER tell you what LIVING upstate was like in comparison to NYC, or LI. Or does dorming in college not count as living in a place either?

You people are using any means possible, including ignoring weather statistics, if it doesn't agree with your preconceived notion of what COLD is. ANYWHERE except FLORIDA is COLD.

I hope you don't intend to get rid of your jackets and sweaters because it has been in the 40s, and someplaces even in the 30s, quite often at night and early morning in South Florida. I have seen people SHIVERING in the parkas, hats, and gloves. Be prepared to put on your HEAT here. Sob, sob, sob. Even my snowbird neighbors from Pa. have been complaining it is too cold to go in their pool or to the beach where the weather temp is now 63 degrees. Sob, sob, sob.

Have fun "shivering" with the rest of the "Floridians".

One more thing. You, and transplants like you, are the reason I avoid New Yorkers down here like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,768,637 times
No, Tanaples you are ignoring the facts. How can you honestly say that it doesn't get bone chilling cold here. You should tell that to the 2 people who froze to death 2 weeks ago. I'm not arguing that Buffalo is or isn't colder than NY, I don't care is my point. I don't live there and don't plan to live there so, having an idea of what there cold is in comparison to our cold is meaningless to me. I don't want to be freezing period.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM

UMM - can you read my message correctly please it is 20 to 40 with a wind chill nothing about -20 or minus 40. Look tanaples, I don't want to go to war with you and you are just sooooo hell bent on baiting people into this and I'm not sure why, I know that you miss NY and you miss your daughters, I would hate being somewhere without my babies too, but please don't be so negative. I can give you a laundry list of negatives about NYC, but I can do the same about the good things here. I really think that it is a very sad thing that you are unable to find one nice thing about the place you live. That is awful and I guess if I were in that position, I would be crabby too, but I am not the enemy. I'm coming on here for advice, not for you to tell me what a freakin idiot I am to want to move to a place you deem "hell as we know it". Please, no place is that bad.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Default You can probably freeze to death

Quote:
No, Tanaples you are ignoring the facts. How can you honestly say that it doesn't get bone chilling cold here. You should tell that to the 2 people who froze to death 2 weeks ago. I'm not arguing that Buffalo is or isn't colder than NY, I don't care is my point. I don't live there and don't plan to live there so, having an idea of what there cold is in comparison to our cold is meaningless to me. I don't want to be freezing period.
at 31 degrees WITHOUT heat and exposed to the elements. You can also die from sunstroke if the heat index is 100 and over also. You are talking about EXTREMES once again.

If the temperature is 20 degrees explain how you are going to get -20 and -40 windchills. What is the wind velocity? 175 mpr?

Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Please re-read the post, I never mention -20 or -40. We don't live in Siberia.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Here is another difference between Florida and NY. I was recently transfered to a severity class (wheelchairs and diapers) in a Florida HS. Athough I am supposedly 1:1 with a male wheelchaired student, there is another TA (male) in the class. There are 4 female students in diapers. This male staff member changes their diapers and toilets them. Is that LEGAL in Florida? It certainly was NOT in NY. Only FEMALE staff could diaper or toilet female students. Are the parents of female students aware that this is being done here? I am not saying any wrong doing is going on, but wouldn't it be a better situation, since I am in the room and the teacher is also female, to let US toilet the girls? There are enough boys in this class that this male TA can take care of their needs.

I don't know if I should say anything, but I find it very "creepy".
I'm just curious what on earth your post has to do with the subject at hand??

Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM

I don't know if this is off topic to this tread, but I can really understand, and sympathize, with the Native Floridians. All these transplants, tourists, and snowbirds decending on THEIR state and trying to make it their own. I have said this before. I have never had a problem with the "natives" in this state, only the others. I am a "temporary guest" in their state. I don't want to stay here and "take it over", or try to become one of them. It must be really rough to see your native state transformed into something alien to what you grew up with and wanted it to be.

I defend my state. They have every right to defend their's, perhaps even more so than any other state because their situation in this state is so unique among others.

It must be really horrible to see hordes and hordes of "oustsiders" decending on your birthplace; be that from November through March, or forever. Growing up in Manhattan, we had our share of tourists, sightseeers, and even "transplants", but it was nothing like this.

I can understand it, even though I never had an intention of being one of those people. If I were a Floridian, I would just want everbody to go away and be left alone.

You know I think this too is major reason for what makes me so "crabby" on this forum. What the hell are you all doing here? Just GO HOME.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Whoa - this is so far out there it is incredible - so you beleive that more people migrate and immigrate to Florida than NYC - that has to be the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. NYC is the hub of all of that - oh and you floridians should definitely feel flattered that she is helping protect the integrety of SFL- give a break! Why don't you spread your sunshine in another forum - I love how you conveniently ignore anything that remotely resembles truth, continuing on with the spewing of just down right nastiness. Don't you get tired of saying the same old thing all the time? I think there is a whole different problem at hand, if in fact you are hockeymom and you were banned - how desperate is a situation when you go through an elaborate scheme to be someone else. Solely, for the purposes of spewing venom. Why would anyone spend so much of there precious time on that?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Whoa - this is so far out there it is incredible - so you beleive that more people migrate and immigrate to Florida than NYC - that has to be the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. NYC is the hub of all of that - oh and you floridians should definitely feel flattered that she is helping protect the integrety of SFL- give a break! Why don't you spread your sunshine in another forum - I love how you conveniently ignore anything that remotely resembles truth, continuing on with the spewing of just down right nastiness. Don't you get tired of saying the same old thing all the time? I think there is a whole different problem at hand, if in fact you are hockeymom and you were banned - how desperate is a situation when you go through an elaborate scheme to be someone else. Solely, for the purposes of spewing venom. Why would anyone spend so much of there precious time on that?
You are so right as a BROOKLYN GIRL 35 min out of NYC, it is just freakin cold up there....I laugh when my mom says oh my is cold here in Florida, she stays in Ft Lauderdale then she says WELL obviously not as cold as NJ, let me also add you people in florida can swim all year round, guess what?? in NYC you cant....anyhow this is off topic but figured id add to what Chelsa said and avoiding NYkers like the plague well you would HATE CHARLOTTE because it has become little NY and NJ...oh dont get me started on the Floridans who think the grass is greener on this side NOT...and im not bashing charlotte, it just isnt a fit for our needs...

sorry, it just kills me this started with such a nice thread, and love to hear nice things for a change cause lord knows IN THIS WORLD TODAY we need some positivity because there is just way toooo much NEGATIVITY...

Old 03-11-2009, 04:21 PM

The funny thing Berry is that she is from NYC and wants to go back, so why are you here on this thread? It is asking about the places you have gone and why you went back. It is all very confusing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida