Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 04:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
DJ,

There are always those "blinder wearing" parents who will tell you that it's never their kids that cause the problems, even when the truth "hits them in the face". I am beginning to see this type of mentality overtake the Florida forum. The "things aren't as bad here as___________ (fill in the blank) is a too often used generality that has little or no basis of truth. Despite the denials, Florida is still a major entry point for drug activity, despite those hoping to wish it away. Thanks for your objective post, supported by facts, not wishes.

Yea I have my blinders on, I truly do not believe "many, not all" posters who tell us ever day how bad life in Florida is when I know most of the reason are personal and not posted about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 05:05 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,567,579 times
I don't understand you Sunny-Days90. You are angry because people post the truth about Florida's drug situation? Did you know that in 2008 the DEA reported that meth has impacted the majority of Florida's 67 counties and its use is widespread?

Meth Lab Statistics Florida : Meth Lab Homes

Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,036,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yea I have my blinders on, I truly do not believe "many, not all" posters who tell us ever day how bad life in Florida is when I know most of the reason are personal and not posted about.
The sad thing is that most who seek information from a others would prefer opinions based upon the facts, rather than fiction based upon random thoughts. Unfortunately, too many of your posts are viewed with unrealistic visions that are peering (and dreaming of what you hope or want something to be) from the perimeter than what is reality. Despite the dream that you are attempting to purvey , Florida is much more than sunshine, beaches and great winter weather ..... there are many issues in the shadows that should not be hidden or denied.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
The sad thing is that most who seek information from a others would prefer opinions based upon the facts, rather than fiction based upon random thoughts. Unfortunately, too many of your posts are viewed with unrealistic visions that are peering (and dreaming of what you hope or want something to be) from the perimeter than what is reality. Despite the dream that you are attempting to purvey , Florida is much more than sunshine, beaches and great winter weather ..... there are many issues in the shadows that should not be hidden or denied.
And I know many other towns and areas of the country very well and people who live in them and believe me, Florida has a lot more to offer then you even think so.

You said it well, it sure does have more to offer!

Unrealistic when I prove you dead wrong? Ok......

And yes, Florida is so bad even the city data posters who left Florida are moving back in large numbers. Guess it is really bad.

Maybe we need to inform the President of all there drug problems in Florida because he and those in charge seem to think the opposite coach.

Heck coach you are in Pa and not in Florida right?

Guess it is so bad even the city data posters who moved out of Florida are moving back in large numbers, guess it really is bad in Florida!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,567,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Guess it is so bad even the city data posters who moved out of Florida are moving back in large numbers, guess it really is bad in Florida!
Do you just make up statistics? Because 1 or 2 city data posters moved back that indicates a trend? What about all the ones that left never to return? Here are some more FACTS!

NewsSun.com

http://www.miamiherald.com/business/breaking-news/story/963661.html (broken link)

Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,611,459 times
From what I have heard, 2/3's of narcotics come over the Mexican border. All methamphetamine, some cocaine, most weed, and a significant proportion of heroin.

However, a 'significant' proportion of cocaine (33%-66%) still comes through Florida. Haitians have taken over this trade since the early 2000's.

Israel and Amsterdam supply most of the worlds "X", the majority of which enters the U.S. through Canada.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Of course Florida is a major entry point for drugs. Otherwise real estate prices would not be so high in places like Miami. I wish that drug prohibition would be eliminated to crush the drug trade.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:55 PM

326 posts, read 1,170,396 times
Everything is brought in through Mexico or Florida because location location location. And if it's not brought in then it's grown here. Even rapper's use it in their song. "If in your town theirs a drought take 95 South" or "During a drought I take 75 straight to the Cubans house". It might not be the 80's everything just seems more low key and under the radar. Atleast not as many people are dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Drungs come in through many states, including TX, CA, and NY
NY? really? Why are drugs known to be exspensive up there?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
The U.S./Mexico border is the primary point of entry for shipments being smuggled into the United States.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
NY? really? Why are drugs known to be exspensive up there?
Much of the heroin from Asia comes in through NY.

Last edited by Mike1306; 03-29-2009 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: