Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times

Advertisements

^ yes cause God knows only foreigners commit fraud! Owning a piece of property is a lot more cumbersome than you might think for non US residents and if you ban foreigners from owning property you can kiss the market goodbye in many parts of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 03:32 PM

569 posts, read 1,670,197 times
Educated and honest immigrants are not the problem. You know, the ones that willingly learn and use English and get a real job and earn an honest living. They actually help by buying property and contributing to an area. Unfortunately many of the ones coming to Florida are of a different nature. They are here to take plain and simple without contributing in a meaningful way. Their coutries are probably glad to be rid of them.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default MY neighbors are British snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ yes cause God knows only foreigners commit fraud! Owning a piece of property is a lot more cumbersome than you might think for non US residents and if you ban foreigners from owning property you can kiss the market goodbye in many parts of Florida.
They stay here from January to June. Very nice people. They own their own business in the UK and are semi retired. I see nothing wrong with them owning property here.

I knew US citizens who owned property in Ireland and spent summers there. Nothing unusual about their lifestyle either.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:15 PM

541 posts, read 1,996,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Prices are adjusting to the real values and not the over inflated bogus ones.

So what if they are foreclosures or not, if someone has money to buy then it is a sale.

So now we are separating the sales because it might be consider good news?

I am for the USA to stop all foreign persons from buying any land or real estate in America period.

No person who is not a US citizen should be able to purchase a piece of our land at all.

I also think people who come here legally should have a 2 year waiting period to buy a piece of land, that would take the fraud part out of it.

I am so dead against any foreigner buying land in America.
Wow-just wow. Where were your ancestors from? Did they ever buy land here in America? Did anyone ask the American Indians if they minded us taking their land? The Mexicans here before us?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM

478 posts, read 1,326,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Reading about Florida's real estate market I found that many areas are showing great home sales.

NAPLES REAL ESTATE SALES CONTINUES TO SKYROCKET!

In fact Naples is blowing away most other areas in sales as they are up 45% since July and they are above many levels pre the boom years of 03-04-05.

Maybe this is telling us something about the Florida real estate market.

Naples Florida Real Estate | Naples Sales Trends and Forecast

Other areas showing large increases are Jacksonville, Sarasota and Tampa.

May be something to watch.
More slaes, but look at what the houses are selling for. The average home in Orlando sold for $135k last month. The median was like $240k two yrs ago. I cant sell my house for anywhere near $135k.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I would rather let it sit and rot before selling it to foreigners.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
Wow-just wow. Where were your ancestors from? Did they ever buy land here in America? Did anyone ask the American Indians if they minded us taking their land? The Mexicans here before us?

If you are an American citizen then you should be able to buy property.

Go back and re read it again.

My ancestors were LEGAL citizens.

If you are not a legal citizen of this country then you should not be able to buy land at all. Period!

Why would you want to sell land to people in China, Germany etc?

Americans cannot buy land in many countries at all.

So lets open up our land to the Chinese to come in with our money and buy it all up so no Americans in time will own any land.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
More slaes, but look at what the houses are selling for. The average home in Orlando sold for $135k last month. The median was like $240k two yrs ago. I cant sell my house for anywhere near $135k.

Read it again Sam...

Link is for Naples, not Orlanduh.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM

478 posts, read 1,326,151 times
I understand that the link is for Naples, I am just saying what I heard in Orlando. So, even though sales are up, the price that the homes are selling for are low. Not good news, atleast for someone like my wife and I who bought during the boom.

Also, I'm not a big fan of places like Orlando and Miami/S FL, partly due to the large foreign population, but if you want to live in FL, you need to know that they make up a large portion of the state. And Americans are leaving FL for places like TN and GA. I am just making you aware since you seem to have a problem with foreigners buying up land in America. I read this, and this is for the Orlando area, that 40% of new residents moving to the area are foreigners.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:52 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
We were all foreigners once.

This isn't our land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida