Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,406,160 times

Advertisements

We will be renting a home, does anyone know how much Renters Insurance would be??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 PM

47 posts, read 118,969 times
What city did you settle on in Florida, Berryjuice? I know you were looking in several different cities and states, FL and the Atlanta area right? Man, a lot of us would switch with you being up there in Waxhaw!

The best thing to do is probably call around and get several different quotes. I'm not sure since I havent lived in South Florida in quite some time, but I would think that with the "element" in S Florida, it might be a little high. Just a reminder, lock your doors, keep your windows locked on your house, and if you invest in a security system, it might save you some money.

If you rent a newer built house, aalmost all of them are already pre-wired or have the security system already in place. This is, you know, it's Florida, so it's not uncommon.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Cool thank you
My home was almost broken into in the middle of night here last summer, had it not been for my dog and dh turning on lights, so Im very familiar with locking doors and windows, plus Im from Brooklyn Ny..lol

Anyway we will settle in Palm Beach County, West Boca Actually...

Old 05-11-2009, 08:16 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,928,625 times
I paid 150 per year using Universal with a 50000 contents And I used Southern Owners Insurance Company for auto because my State Farm I had up north ....here was 200 more and Southern ended up to be 200 less than I paid in Philly. So that actually saved me 400.00. State Farm neglected to tell me they didnt do renters and put me in citizens (the state expensive high risk type company) for 800.00 on the quote. LOLOL snakes that they are...but I'm in Vero and it's even a different county. That's just an idea for you. it may be a little more in Boca.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I paid 150 per year using Universal with a 50000 contents And I used Southern Owners Insurance Company for auto because my State Farm I had up north ....here was 200 more and Southern ended up to be 200 less than I paid in Philly. So that actually saved me 400.00. State Farm neglected to tell me they didnt do renters and put me in citizens (the state expensive high risk type company) for 800.00 on the quote. LOLOL snakes that they are...but I'm in Vero and it's even a different county. That's just an idea for you. it may be a little more in Boca.
thanks Run I was budgeting about 300 a year..I will call these people..I already called Geico for my car insurance but want to call a few more..Im THRILLED that we can just change over our license, we had to take a written test here in Charlotte in order to turn in our licenses...ridiculous after driving so many years and people here still cant drive..LOL

and I know Its not so great in Florida either, this should be interesting...

Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,928,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
thanks Run I was budgeting about 300 a year..I will call these people..I already called Geico for my car insurance but want to call a few more..Im THRILLED that we can just change over our license, we had to take a written test here in Charlotte in order to turn in our licenses...ridiculous after driving so many years and people here still cant drive..LOL

Well take the extra money you budgeted for and put it towards the car registration. That is an outrageous 250 for some reason here. In PA it's 25.00 lol.

You'll like it here I think. Especially after Nov or so. Good Luck with your move.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Well take the extra money you budgeted for and put it towards the car registration. That is an outrageous 250 for some reason here. In PA it's 25.00 lol.

You'll like it here I think. Especially after Nov or so. Good Luck with your move.

Thank You....We do think we will really like it there..

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM

47 posts, read 118,969 times
Quote:

It's far worse in Florida! South FL is the road rage capitol 3 yrs running. Atleast in Charlotte they make you take a written test, that's actually a great idea! In Florida, people move here from Spain, Haiti, wherever, and they just instantly get a FL driver's license, it's pretty ridiculous.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 PM

27 posts, read 59,851 times
Quote:

Driving laws are different in each State, just because you've driven for years does not mean you know the laws especially in a new State.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Yes im aware of that, NJ and NY u dont have to take a written test either...and because u pass the written test still doesnt mean one can DRIVE..LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida