Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times

Advertisements

I am not that familiar with Ft Lauderdale other then the airport but like I stated in Palm Beach County in Boca. I think Ft Lauderdale is Broward and there is Coconut Creek and Coral Creek that I thought was an affordable yet safe area. All areas I feel in FL have some bad patches where you can drive a mile or two and it is ahuge change in safety/appearance. I have heard many like downtown Delray area. If you are planning to visit I would try to do it off season when rates are cheaper. I did not do this and learned how expensive inseason is. What about West Palm area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Ft. Lauderdale but the singles scene at that age (any age really) can be a little sleazy.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 44,979 times
i'll second the sleazy part. But FTL is a really good option when considering night life and good atmosphere. As for safety it really depends, I lived in Lauderdale by the sea where I never felt unsafe and its just a few minutes from Las Olas. Then again its just like any big city where you can end up in a not so nice area in hurry if you dont know where you are.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Not entirely...Tallahassee is more moderate (some would say liberal) and chock full of sexually frsutrated single thirty-something females...

When I lived here in my 30's, it was the Happy Hunting Ground.

I do not agree with your statement of " chock full of sexually- frustrated single thirty-something females...." Sex is very easy to get. I think what makes them look frustrated, and perhaps you are confusing it with sex, is that there are no quality males of marrying- age for woman today. 50% of the men are married, 30% are gay, 20% are losers on drugs, alcohol, and unemployed. Enough to make any female today frustrated!!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,428 times
Look at Tampa/St. Pete

Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I do not agree with your statement of " chock full of sexually- frustrated single thirty-something females...." Sex is very easy to get. I think what makes them look frustrated, and perhaps you are confusing it with sex, is that there are no quality males of marrying- age for woman today. 50% of the men are married, 30% are gay, 20% are losers on drugs, alcohol, and unemployed. Enough to make any female today frustrated!!!!
More for the rest of us. I don't see the problem.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:19 AM

501 posts, read 1,881,723 times
Your price range will definately limit you to areas like Tampa/St Pete, Orlando, Fort Myers and Daytona Beach, all of which are great for 35-55 year old singles on their second wind. Problem is with the economy, you might have a problem finding a job -- for maybe even a year -- and may have to park cars, wash dishes or flip burgers until you find financial happiness!

Best advice I received moving to a new Florida town is to ask women when you meet them:
  1. Have you been prescribed any psych meds?
  2. Are you taking them?

Good Luck!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 AM

113 posts, read 517,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
Your price range will definately limit you to areas like Tampa/St Pete, Orlando, Fort Myers and Daytona Beach, all of which are great for 35-55 year old singles on their second wind. Problem is with the economy, you might have a problem finding a job -- for maybe even a year -- and may have to park cars, wash dishes or flip burgers until you find financial happiness!

Best advice I received moving to a new Florida town is to ask women when you meet them:
  1. Have you been prescribed any psych meds?
  2. Are you taking them?

Good Luck!

Thanks! I will keep that in mind!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I guess someone couldn't resist their compulsion to preach.
Compulsion to bring the truth, as much as some dont want to hear it because its too personally threatening.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:47 PM

66 posts, read 85,353 times
I lived on the east coast and found it to have a number of transients, difficult to make friends outside of work, and all about the bling. I went there to take care of a family member, not by choice. Also jam packed full of people and stores. Ft. Lauderdale wasn't to bad but you need the money to play. According to searches I'v done, Tampa has the highest number of singles over 40, but I have not been to the area. I went ot WPB a few months ago, just more crowded and less trees..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida