Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 03:56 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Right now even a few of the trees in NY have started to change colors. There are already signs that the cool of Fall is coming. Is it in Florida????
If the trees in NY are turning colors, it's because they're dying -- not because fall is almost here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Tiny bit here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
If the trees in NY are turning colors, it's because they're dying -- not because fall is almost here.
tiny bit there. Too many for all of them to be dying. I am in Levittown right now and was in Smithtown yesterday. It doesn't happen overnight. The other few nights when it was in the low 60s, it had the feel of Fall in the air. My daughter just said yesterday she can't wait for Summer to be over and Fall to come, even if it means going back to work.

I will move back and be here for Falls again. Just paying my dues in Florida for now.

Last edited by TANaples; 08-14-2009 at 06:44 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
tiny bit there. Too many for all of them to be dying. I am in Levittown right now and was in Smithtown yesterday. It doesn't happen overnight. The other few nights when it was in the low 60s, it had the feel of Fall in the air.

Lie the coastal areas of NJ, Long Island is in the USDA Zone 7A -- and it's way too early for any trees in this geographic area to be turning -- even with a couple of nights in the 60s. If they're turning -- it's not due to the weather.

My daughter just said yesterday she can't wait for Summer to be over and Fall to come, even if it means going back to work.

I will move back and be here for Falls again. Just paying my dues in Florida for now.
And my husband and I feel just the opposite. We closed on our home in Dunnellon on Monday, and can't wait to get down there. We've had enough of winters, and snow, and ice.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Default Well, they ARE starting

Quote:
And my husband and I feel just the opposite. We closed on our home in Dunnellon on Monday, and can't wait to get down there. We've had enough of winters, and snow, and ice.
Well, maybe you won't have to see FALL, or Winter, any more. I hope I can say the same for Summer. Oh, wait. That is ALL YEAR in Florida.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe you won't have to see FALL, or Winter, any more. I hope I can say the same for Summer. Oh, wait. That is ALL YEAR in Florida.
I know -- that's precisely why we're moving there.

I realize you don't like the heat -- but why is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people do?

I was in Marion County from last Saturday through this Thursday -- and when I called home a couple of times, my husband told me it was hotter in NJ. And the heat and humidity in Florida didn't seem much different than the hot and sticky summers I've experienced in NJ for over 50 years -- and my bad back loved every minute of it. And the only time I had a hot flash was when I was inside in air conditioning.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
I know -- that's precisely why we're moving there.

I realize you don't like the heat -- but why is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people do?

I was in Marion County from last Saturday through this Thursday -- and when I called home a couple of times, my husband told me it was hotter in NJ. And the heat and humidity in Florida didn't seem much different than the hot and sticky summers I've experienced in NJ for over 50 years -- and my bad back loved every minute of it. And the only time I had a hot flash was when I was inside in air conditioning.
Good luck in your new home in Florida, Kathy. I'm a New Yorker and I do understand that some people love winter only, some love the changing of the seasons...and some love year-round hot weather. Different strokes for different folks!

What a wonderful blessed country this US of A is!! There's weather pattern to please everyone here.

Best again and may you enjoy the Florida lifestyle and weather...I'll be envying you soon when late fall/early winter kicks in here in NYC!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:17 PM

Default And I'll be envying YOU then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Good luck in your new home in Florida, Kathy. I'm a New Yorker and I do understand that some people love winter only, some love the changing of the seasons...and some love year-round hot weather. Different strokes for different folks!

What a wonderful blessed country this US of A is!! There's weather pattern to please everyone here.

Best again and may you enjoy the Florida lifestyle and weather...I'll be envying you soon when late fall/early winter kicks in here in NYC!
too bad we all couldn't just snap our fingers and trade places with each other. Oh, well. Maybe someday we can all be where we want to be.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
too bad we all couldn't just snap our fingers and trade places with each other. Oh, well. Maybe someday we can all be where we want to be.
Well put TAN..and hey, when you get back to NY/LI, I hope I'm on the invitation list to that homecoming party...I'll be there even if it's minus 5, the LIE is backed up, cars are skidding, people are sliding, everyone's got on their ski masks and triple layers, I'll be there to your much deserved return to Long Island party!

Oh, I don't drink and drive so keep some nice cool lemonade for me!!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Quote:
I would trade in a second!!!! I'm goig to try Abilene, TX. If not better there for a year, I will go back to New England once and for all.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida