Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 AM

976 posts, read 1,116,942 times

Advertisements

"Hollywood, Florida police officers are accused of faking an arrest report to cover up a traffic accident after a video camera recorded the four officers scheming to doctor a crash report and accuse an innocent woman of DUI.

Apparently Officer Joel Francisco rear ended a woman’s car and without knowing his dashboard camera was on, he and three other officers conspired to create a fake crash report to cover up the accident."

Great job men. Another black eye for S FL. This is national news now.

TAMPA DUI BLOG: Florida Cops Caught On Tape Framing A Woman For DUI After They Rear End Her Car :: Florida DUI Traffic Ticket Lawyer Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,037,824 times
This can happen anywhere and it does. The small minute percentage of police officers who do something wrong always becomes national news because police officers are held to the highest standard of any profession in the United States they must be perfect and 99% of them are.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 AM

976 posts, read 1,116,942 times
You're right. "It could happen anywhere." I keep hearing that, lol.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:36 AM

561 posts, read 1,926,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
You're right. "It could happen anywhere." I keep hearing that, lol.
Yeah really... It always seems to keep happening here more than anywhere else.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,882,917 times
Cops have nothing but disdain and disrespect for the public.......they have a saying that there are only 2 kinds of people in the world....cops and *******.They really believe it ,too.
They don't protect anybody...they show up AFTER the crime and write a report.They truley love to intimidate and terrorize inocent motorists...it gives them a sense of power.....especially with women.
I laugh when I see the motto on cruisers "to serve and protect"....it should say to "harrass and intimidate"

Old 07-31-2009, 11:07 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,761,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Yeah really... It always seems to keep happening here more than anywhere else.
Happens everywhere. A few bad apples.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:11 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,761,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Cops have nothing but disdain and disrespect for the public.......they have a saying that there are only 2 kinds of people in the world....cops and *******.They really believe it ,too.
They don't protect anybody...they show up AFTER the crime and write a report.They truley love to intimidate and terrorize inocent motorists...it gives them a sense of power.....especially with women.
I laugh when I see the motto on cruisers "to serve and protect"....it should say to "harrass and intimidate"
And what percent is the "They" word you like to use. I know a lot of cops and most all are very dedicated to what they do. Yet you take a tiny percent and generalize as if it is represents all cops. It says more about you then them.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,569,903 times
Great, this will bring our the cop haters......

I'm sure no other states have bad apples.....yup only in Florida!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,221,319 times
Welcome to FloriDUh!! Gotta love it! Next!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,463,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Great, this will bring our the cop haters......

I'm sure no other states have bad apples.....yup only in Florida!

People in Florida seem to have not figured out that, being residents OF Florida, you a) get more Florida related news automatically, because it is considered more relevant to your media market, and b) you will have a tendency to pay attention more when Florida or local news makes the national headlines.

Florida is also a huge state.... 4th most populous in the country. The "South Florida" metro area has more people than several US states combined. More people = more news, good AND bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida