Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 AM

652 posts, read 1,653,938 times

Advertisements

Some people like cold weather. I can't imagine how anyone can live in Alaska, or even most of Canada. To me Hell would be cold instead of hot. I love the warm weather, man would not have been able to survive and evolve if it were not for the warm weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
I don't think the heat is that massive. Yeah, it's super hot June through the first part of September, and it starts grating on me by the middle of August. The past few mornings, though, it's been cool enough to drive with the windows open when taking the kids to school at 8:00. So that's something! In another month, it will be much nicer out. I don't think that 80-85 degree temps are unreasonably hot, particularly once the humidity goes down. So yes, I enjoy the Florida weather, with the exception of August.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
I guess if we use such a wide range of what constitutes summer weather then we should be doing the same for winter weather when discussing other states?
Average lows for Maine are 44 degrees or lower for 8 months of the year, must be winter for 8 months there.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I guess if we use such a wide range of what constitutes summer weather then we should be doing the same for winter weather when discussing other states?
Average lows for Maine are 44 degrees or lower for 8 months of the year, must be winter for 8 months there.
44 and sunny (not windy) is not cold is awesome sweater/long sleeve t-shirt weather. BTW j using Maine for your northeast analogy is like using key west to talk about Florida weather.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
44 and sunny (not windy) is not cold is awesome sweater/long sleeve t-shirt weather. BTW j using Maine for your northeast analogy is like using key west to talk about Florida weather.
Really?
80 degrees is nowhere near hot, warm yes, but to me, awesome weather.
That is why I moved to Florida, I did not move to Florida because I like 44 degree weather.

And using Portland Maine was not at all like using Key West, the thread was about FLORIDA weather and using a state which is not even close to the northernmost or coldest (I even used the southernmost large city in the state) for comparison to someones statement about 80 degree weather being summer weather is actually not taking it to the extreme. I could have used ND weather with 9 months of lows in the 40's or below, Alaska would have also been an apt comparison.

The VAST majority of people that move to Florida do not move here for 44 degree days.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
And yet, how many homes do you see with the windows open from May-November?

Old 08-25-2013, 02:43 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
And yet, how many homes do you see with the windows open from May-November?

The true question is do true Floridians even know what snow is? I got it, its the stuff that comes out of the Machine @ WDW!

The other question? who Cares if you are a Transplant or been in Florida most of your lives!

Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I think 44 and sunny is a beautiful winter day but it's nowhere near sweater/long tee shirt weather to me!!! That's coat/hat/boots weather. I don't know why it's such a hard concept for people to grasp - hot or cold weather means something different to everyone and no one is wrong.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Many people have been here a long time and like the weather, that is why they stay. Some people agreeing with your viewpoint does not equate to what you stated.
Yet you moved from a tropical zone that almost never freezes to borderline 8b which is Florida panhandle weather.. I actually love your weather but you well know most complaining about the weather live further south where most of our population resides and you might actually have nine months of summer weather.
Florida Interactive USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map

Does the climate appear to be warming up your way compared to a decade ago? I was as far north as Daytona at that point. Now that was a pretty good mild climate to me.. Spring and fall were spectacular and we didn't get as cold as you at night when the fronts came through in winter..

Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Yet you moved from a tropical zone that almost never freezes to borderline 8b which is Florida panhandle weather.. I actually love your weather but you well know most complaining about the weather live further south where most of our population resides and you might actually have nine months of summer weather.
Florida Interactive USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map

Does the climate appear to be warming up your way compared to a decade ago? I was as far north as Daytona at that point. Now that was a pretty good mild climate to me.. Spring and fall were spectacular and we didn't get as cold as you at night when the fronts came through in winter..
I spent the first couple of years in Florida finding a place I liked. I have been in Florida over 20 years and love the warm weather, many other people have been here for decades and love the weather.
You said most people that love the weather haven't been here long or haven't moved here permanent yet which is just another statement that can't be backed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida