Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 10:01 PM

461 posts, read 556,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMystic View Post
Thanks SoFLGal and everyone else who has contributed to the thread. I appreciate your extensive list of information you have given me SoFLGal. I have read some of your other posts and your are a valuable source of information on the Sarasota area.

Gauge, thanks for filling me in on the dating scene. THat is always valuable information. I guess I will finally get to see what people look like with a real tans, rather than the fake salon ones we use here.

Someoone told me Sarasota is more upscale and mostly consists of the very affluent or wealthy crowd of people. Would you say that there is a mix of classes and types of people in Sarasota, or would Bradenton be a better place for me? That is, if I am not making the triple digits and want to meet more down to earth, less superficial people. I guess I remember growing up in some upscale areas of Southern California and definately don't want to be immersed in an area so transfixed with vanity,uber-materialistic and superficial. I am more real kind of guy and not really into the fast life or trying to impress others with wealth, etc. Also, I don't mind dressing up here and there, but I cannot consider myself a snob. Perhaps what I am hearing is mostly rumors. As I said I never been to the area, I am just going by what others have told me.
Its Orange County light trust me. Its very conservative, wealthy and if you aren't, then you're probably an old fogey or long time Sarasotan who isn't very rich, but grandfathered in nonetheless. If you're new, you have to be rich.. no exceptions. Establishment politics throughout, nobody really is radical enough out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:10 PM

461 posts, read 556,309 times
Someone mentioned how Venice was very conservative and so was North Port. I can see that. Probably more than Bradenton which I feel is blue collar and moderate, just high crime. Bradenton would be better than Sarasota if not for the crime problem. I connect with it more, but St Pete is still my all time favorite where I'll be heading.

But ya back to Venice and NP. The feel seems very isolated the more south you go and the more far you get from this area so who knows, the radical conservatives or neo Nazis could congregate in these places more esp NP I'm thinking or Punta Gorda. It gets whiter too if anyone notices young and old. Good if you like that sort of thing but it just gets too far. I would opt for Gulfport or N St Pete personally than I would Venice, Sarasota, Bradenton or otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida