Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:18 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Yes, we've been to Spook Hill when we were down there. It truly is amazing and I've wondered if it's "real" or if nature was tampered with a bit. It reminds me of the Cosmos up here.

I LOVE reading things like this so don't stop now.
Amen...lol....That's what I'm saying too....lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I love this stuff. I recently bought a book called "Weird Florida" that has all kinds of good "unexplained" stuff in it. I think there are a couple of these books out, now.

And I LOVE Spook Hill. It is an optical illusion but you will swear you are really going uphill.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:34 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,192,765 times
Quote:
THE DEVIL'S CIRCLE
BLACK WATER SWAMP, LAKE COUNTY.
There is a tale, told by old timers, of a twenty foot diameter circle called "the Devil's Circle" deep in the Black Water Swamp, in Lake County, near where the Wekiva River meets the St. John's river. Reportedly nothing grows inside this circle, it has always been totally barren of plant life and is extremely dry of moisture, even after heavy rains. Folklore has it, that objects placed inside the circle overnight will vanish.
WOW! We've got the exact same thing in Orlando. It's called Pine Hills. There is a tale, told by old and new timers, of a subdivision, in Orange County, just north of Highway 50. Reportedly, no outsider walks inside this area and returns alive. Folklore has it, that objects placed inside of the area known as Pine Hills overnight will vanish!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:07 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
WOW! We've got the exact same thing in Orlando. It's called Pine Hills. There is a tale, told by old and new timers, of a subdivision, in Orange County, just north of Highway 50. Reportedly, no outsider walks inside this area and returns alive. Folklore has it, that objects placed inside of the area known as Pine Hills overnight will vanish!
Oooooookay.... Prichard gets a rep bump for that one...

HYSTERICAL!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:33 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,194,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Yes, we've been to Spook Hill when we were down there. It truly is amazing and I've wondered if it's "real" or if nature was tampered with a bit. It reminds me of the Cosmos up here.

I LOVE reading things like this so don't stop now.
If you are ever in Fort Lauderdale stop in James Randi's place
http://www.randi.org/
On the last Wed of the month they have an open house and you can hear about all kinds of stuff. He is a debunker and doesn't believe in anything supernatural.
I live just down the street from him now and a lot of people don't even know his place is there or pass and don't know what it is.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
And, please tell me, that "Pine Hill" is NOT a retirement home......right??? lol....

Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Lightbulb Strange Stuff Falling From The Sunshine State's Skies-

Lets get some more strange situations on the thread: - In September, 1978, ice cubes fell from the sky on a Lake Worth Residence. In February, 1958, a glittering glob of pulsating matter fell from the clouds over a Miami neighborhood, and landed in a man's backyard. There were numerous witnesses to the event, but the glob soon dissolved without leaving a trace of what it was. In May 1959, a frozen hen's egg fell from the sky over Orlando. On September 3, 1969, hundreds of golf balls rained down on a section of Punta Gorda. The most smelly of weird sky-falls, happened in September 1971, when thousands of fish fell on Port Richey. Unfortunately, there have been no reported cases of money raining from the heavens above Florida---of course if one might want to avoid the IRS, then it might be wise not to report any cash falls from the sky.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Lets get some more strange situations on the thread: - In September, 1978, ice cubes fell from the sky on a Lake Worth Residence. In February, 1958, a glittering glob of pulsating matter fell from the clouds over a Miami neighborhood, and landed in a man's backyard. There were numerous witnesses to the event, but the glob soon dissolved without leaving a trace of what it was. In May 1959, a frozen hen's egg fell from the sky over Orlando. On September 3, 1969, hundreds of golf balls rained down on a section of Punta Gorda. The most smelly of weird sky-falls, happened in September 1971, when thousands of fish fell on Port Richey. Unfortunately, there have been no reported cases of money raining from the heavens above Florida---of course if one might want to avoid the IRS, then it might be wise not to report any cash falls from the sky.
This is very interesting! I wonder how on earth????..........

Old 05-23-2007, 03:16 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
This is very interesting! I wonder how on earth????..........
Don't know, that's why is called strange events...

Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM

627 posts, read 2,850,140 times
Gulf Breeze was in the spotlight in 1987 for UFO sightings & photography (both still and vhs).

Pensacola Beach has been widely known for it's most famous UFO house for Many Many Years!

http://newAndUsedHomes.com/images/PColaBeach.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida