Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:48 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times

Advertisements

1. what the weathers like most year round, wheres the best place for sun, i need warmth (but not to humid or is that a package?) eg, in england we got 9 months cold winter followed by 3 months of rainy humid clouds and if were lucky a day of sun. South Florida is the hottest in summer. North FL, Jacksonville/Tallahassee has cooler winters. Inland can be quite cold in winter months - Dec-Feb (that's a long winter - shorter is Jan/Feb)
nearer coast is best summer and winter, as water keeps it warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

2. the nice areas to bring up a family and the places to avoid Tampa Bay area is nice, I am not partial to west coast dade/broward connurbation too fast, too dirty, too crowded too much crime.

3. would we be welcome, are people friendly in certain areas?? I find almost everywhere except gtr miami very friendly

4. and a rough price of a mortgage to pay per month for a 3 bed housedepends on how much you pay for it. You would probably need to put down at least 25% and you would have no credit so you can figure on around 5% mortgage rate at least. I just purchased a nice little 3bedroom on a lake, very pretty in a very good school district for $180,000 - safe streets, good neighbours, close to shops and beach is 3 mins away.

The best of luck to you in your endeavours to move hereas others will say and have said, getting the visa is the tough part
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
Hey Toots from Scotland, you will find many changes in the Miami/Palm Beaches area if you have not been back since the mid 90s. It's probably unrecognizeable now to you. If you liked the cosmopolitan nature of Miami then you might find NC a little bit quieter. Unless you move to somewhere like Raleigh/Durham area. It can be pretty cold there in winter too, I have been to quite a few events there during the Nov to Feb months and its been freezing outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida