Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:47 PM

11 posts, read 37,304 times

Advertisements

Hello again. Some of you are saying we wont get much for under $1000. Is that really possible? I called so many places directly and they currently have places from $800 and up. I asked about other fees, etc. and they really seem legit. I know some of them are small but I live in a 590 sq. ft. apt. in Queens now and moving from that to a 750 sq. ft. apt would be OK for us. I just find it hard to believe that they are lying.

Anyway we are flying down to FL on July 18th and we have all the places' addresses so we can see them ourselves.

There's still hope, isnt there?? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 05:48 PM

30 posts, read 137,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie813 View Post
Hello again. Some of you are saying we wont get much for under $1000. Is that really possible? I called so many places directly and they currently have places from $800 and up. I asked about other fees, etc. and they really seem legit. I know some of them are small but I live in a 590 sq. ft. apt. in Queens now and moving from that to a 750 sq. ft. apt would be OK for us. I just find it hard to believe that they are lying.

Anyway we are flying down to FL on July 18th and we have all the places' addresses so we can see them ourselves.

There's still hope, isnt there?? LOL
As long as you're not looking for a huge apartment you'll be fine. There's a lot of nice places out here for less than $1,000. Good Luck!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:20 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
You can rent very nicely for 1000 a month in Coral Springs. I have seen places in clean, nice parts of Coral Springs for 800 a month. Easy commute to Boca, too.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:35 PM

376 posts, read 1,867,241 times
As others have stated, it would be smart to take a trip down and seriously consider where you want to live. 1000 will get you many apts but it depends on your tastes. I am a teacher in Broward County so if you have any questions about teaching feel free to ask.
Boca has a lot of cheaper apts out west but east boca is much nicer in my opinion. Apt complexes typically do not charge for amenities like pool, clubhouse..etc. Apt complexes are easier to move in and can be really nice. However, you may get a better deal if you can find a place on your own or through a local realtor.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Yes we are flying down July 18th for three days. Very excited to see the places! I am going to get my Master's in childhood ed this Dec. Do you think I should look for a job in Broward county or Palm Beach county? Any tips on how I can possibly have a job to start by January? LOL.. Maybe someone will go on maternity leave! I called the Palm Beach county dept. of ed. and they said I should have a good chance getting a job in Jan but I don't know. How do you like teaching in Florida? Do you teach in a public school?

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2007, 10:14 PM

713 posts, read 2,670,760 times
Default Try...

Hammock Pointe Elementary (or Middle School?) for a job and Tuscany Apts. off SW 18th for an apt. Both are in Boca and are great! I agree with other poster, central to east are better for apts. West Boca has better homes.

Steer clear of apts. on Boca Rio Rd. They've gone down hill in last few years.

Best Wishes for a happy move.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Yes we are flying down July 18th for three days. Very excited to see the places! I am going to get my Master's in childhood ed this Dec. Do you think I should look for a job in Broward county or Palm Beach county? Any tips on how I can possibly have a job to start by January? LOL.. Maybe someone will go on maternity leave! I called the Palm Beach county dept. of ed. and they said I should have a good chance getting a job in Jan but I don't know. How do you like teaching in Florida? Do you teach in a public school?

Thanks!
Although I do not work in the school system, I have a few friends who do.Both are good counties to work for at elementary level from what I hear.

To tell you the truth, South PBC and much of western Broward county are both very nice communities that can be done for under 1000 a month. Honestly, as to which community you pick, it all depends on which school system you work for. If you feel comfortable with PBCPS, go for it! If you want to know specifics about communities in Broward and south Palm Beach County, feel free to PM me .

Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Thank you. We have a realtor now looking for us and she recommends Palm Beach Gardens. Who knows where I will find a job? I am assuming it's in Palm Beach County but I dont know yet. At this point, I'll be lucky to get any teaching job because I am looking to start in January which is in the middle of the year.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 PM

We're back from visiting Florida. We went to Palm Beach Gardens and we visited some apartment communities there. They're beautiful! I like it there but I want to ask you guys what you think about Palm Beach Gardens. I am thinking about West Palm Beach as well. I didn't have a chance to go there yet but I hear it's beautiful there. We were by exit 77 off the I-95. How far is West Palm? If we are working in Palm Beach Gardens is it worth it to travel to and from West Palm? Which place is better to live? We are a young couple in our late 20s.... What do you think?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
We're back from visiting Florida. We went to Palm Beach Gardens and we visited some apartment communities there. They're beautiful! I like it there but I want to ask you guys what you think about Palm Beach Gardens. I am thinking about West Palm Beach as well. I didn't have a chance to go there yet but I hear it's beautiful there. We were by exit 77 off the I-95. How far is West Palm? If we are working in Palm Beach Gardens is it worth it to travel to and from West Palm? Which place is better to live? We are a young couple in our late 20s.... What do you think?
Palm Beach Gardens is really nice, with decent schools, and is about 15/20 minutes from West Palm. It's a little snobbish IMO, but it's really nice. In a way, I would pick Boca over Palm Beach Gardens (schools can be a little better), but PBG is also less congested and crowded (Boca borders right on Broward, which means more crowds(but not crime, like some on here will claim). Did you check out Jupiter? Jupiter is PERFECT! The schools there are probably the among best you will find in south Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida