Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,059 times

Advertisements

Around the world with satellite maps looked and found very interesting, you can clearly see their home, we all take a look http://wwv.456ss.com/maps.html

Last edited by q99vipp; 06-04-2010 at 09:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 PM

7 posts, read 10,059 times
[SIZE=5]Link above is wrong, should be the[/SIZE]http://wwv.456ss.com/maps.html (broken link)[/quote]

Old 06-05-2010, 07:52 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,962 times
Much quicker to put you address in Google, gos right there!

Larry - Hobe Sound, Fl

Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q99vipp View Post
Around the world with satellite maps looked and found very interesting, you can clearly see their home, we all take a look http://wwv.456ss.com/maps.html
It seem to be exactly the same image found on google. I pulled up my house and it is the same picture. I can tell by the arrangement of the cars in the driveway it is the same picture. Also, those aerial views were great when they were first out but they are getting old now and they are becoming less useful. The picture of my house shows trees that were lost in Hurricane Wilma meaning the pictures are more then five years old. When you use them to look at properties they are OK but because they are getting so old can't be relied on and just used as reference. The same is happening with street views although it seems to be a bit newer.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:22 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
It seem to be exactly the same image found on google. I pulled up my house and it is the same picture. I can tell by the arrangement of the cars in the driveway it is the same picture. Also, those aerial views were great when they were first out but they are getting old now and they are becoming less useful. The picture of my house shows trees that were lost in Hurricane Wilma meaning the pictures are more then five years old. When you use them to look at properties they are OK but because they are getting so old can't be relied on and just used as reference. The same is happening with street views although it seems to be a bit newer.
If you live in a larger metro the maps are updated more frequently. I've been looking at those maps since 2005 around the time they first came out on google, and I've seen my area get updated several times. When I first started looking at it was an image from before hurricane charley cause it showed trees that we didn't have and our old roof, then it was updated around 2006, and now if you look you can see a road by my house that is in the process of being widened and a shopping center that was built within the last two years so the earliest the image could be from is 2008 or even 2009.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
If you live in a larger metro the maps are updated more frequently. I've been looking at those maps since 2005 around the time they first came out on google, and I've seen my area get updated several times. When I first started looking at it was an image from before hurricane charley cause it showed trees that we didn't have and our old roof, then it was updated around 2006, and now if you look you can see a road by my house that is in the process of being widened and a shopping center that was built within the last two years so the earliest the image could be from is 2008 or even 2009.
I have the google earth on the computer but even though it is the supped up version it is still not up to date.
I am sure there is a service you can probably subscribe to that will give you almost real time pictures but I bet it isn't cheap. I still don't understand why they don't up date more. The old pictures I was referring to are Fort Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida