Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 11:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times

Advertisements

Curry goes really well with beef especially in a stew. I'm just disappointed that most places use curry only with chicken and lamb.

In fact, Pork cutlet and a curry sauce also goes well together too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 01:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
curry is like liver,,, you either love it or hate it

many moons ago, I went to montego bay Jamaica - all - inclusive , all you can eat/drink resort

and they had awesome looking buffets, but curry seemed to be in all the proteins, which, the first night , was o.k.
im not a curry lover, but tried my best to keep an open mind, try many new items,

by the third night, im looking for proteins that didn't have curry- we went to Negril and another resort, and very similar- beautiful buffets, but curry was in most of the protein, I even asked a hostess for non curry meat- so she goes to the kitchen and brings me what she called lamb ( I know my lamb and this wasn't lamb- but it had no curry!! so I ate it- , whatever she brought me- I got very sick that night-
the fourth day, all i could eat was kelloggs cerals in small boxes - I was bummed...
and red stripe beer is not good for sour stomachs!!

I don't believe ive had curry or wanted it since then

Old 07-04-2014, 01:53 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
curry is like liver,,, you either love it or hate it

many moons ago, I went to montego bay Jamaica - all - inclusive , all you can eat/drink resort

and they had awesome looking buffets, but curry seemed to be in all the proteins, which, the first night , was o.k.
im not a curry lover, but tried my best to keep an open mind, try many new items,

by the third night, im looking for proteins that didn't have curry- we went to Negril and another resort, and very similar- beautiful buffets, but curry was in most of the protein, I even asked a hostess for non curry meat- so she goes to the kitchen and brings me what she called lamb ( I know my lamb and this wasn't lamb- but it had no curry!! so I ate it- , whatever she brought me- I got very sick that night-
the fourth day, all i could eat was kelloggs cerals in small boxes - I was bummed...
and red stripe beer is not good for sour stomachs!!

I don't believe ive had curry or wanted it since then
You didn't have the jerk chicken or jerk pork on the beaches in MoBay and Negril? No curry, and very delicious. The conch chowder, pumpkin soup, the patties with calalloo or veg...no curry. Lots of fish with no curry, either.

Some of the best meals I had were the box lunches they sold by the side of the road for the workers, but those had curry in them.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 AM

23,550 posts, read 24,057,818 times
I love curry with chicken, the best. Especially chicken curry and potatoes, Thai style.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
I love curry w/ chicken as well...
Country Captain in particular...
I have a recipe that's amazing, been making it for years

Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,429 times
What kind of curry are you talking about? I'm guessing Thai? In India there is no "curry sauce" by itself, but a different mixture of spices for each dish, that varies by region etc., that's cooked with the meat, veges or whatever, not separate. There is beef curry in India in some regions, but it's not very common because of the number of Hindus, who don't eat beef. But yet there are many different Indian beef curries among those who do eat it.

Have you tried rendang daging? I haven't. It's an Indonesian beef dish, that you could call a curry, that people go wild over. I hope to taste it some time.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:01 PM

384 posts, read 349,644 times
I've been really hooked on Thai coconut curry with chicken. I've never had it with beef.

I can see how some Indian curries go well with beef.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:20 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,429 times
There's also Thai beef masaman curry, which I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink