Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite fast food place?
McDonalds 8 10.13%
Taco Bell 8 10.13%
Burger King 5 6.33%
Carls Jr. 4 5.06%
In-N-Out 12 15.19%
El Pollo Loco 1 1.27%
Jack In The Box 1 1.27%
Del Taco 1 1.27%
Wendy's 12 15.19%
Other 27 34.18%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:21 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,725 times

Advertisements

Fast food is pretty rare for us, but on occasion we like Chick-fil-A, Five Guys, In N Out, and we had a great sandwich in D.C. once at a place that I think was called Potbelly Sandwiches. I would go there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
In Texas I'll take Bill Millers BBQ over Sonny Bryant's or Dickey's BBQ.

Golden chicken's fried chicken over Bush's, Church's, KFC or Popeye's.

Whataburger, over any of the nationals.

China Rose over Bejing Express, panda Express, China Harbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This again shows how subjective food can be: Whataburger can't compare with some burgers in my opinion. I never did see the attraction when we lived in Texas. I do like Popeye's or used to but haven't had it in years. I am not a fan of fast food Asian at all; If I am going to have Asian, I will find a take out, local place, run by true Asians.
I agree; it's entirely subjective. I never cared much for Whataburger, I think the best BBQ in TX is Spring Creek, and I'd also much prefer a local, take-out, mom-and-pop place for Chinese food.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Wendy's for burgers.

Popeyes for fries.

Pizza Hut for pizza.

It sucks that NYC has such a small selection of fast food restaurants. I'd like to try Sonic, Jack In the Box, Hardee's, Carl Jr's, Chick fil a, In N Out, etc.
There's a Chick-Fil-A at NYU. Their phone # is (212) 998-4931.

Jack In The Box and Hardee's used to be in NYC. They pulled out ages ago because they weren't making money there. I think there is a Hardee's in Ft. Greene, if you ever go into Brooklyn.

There are many Sonic's nearby in NJ and I think there is one in N. Babylon (LI), if you go outside the city limits.

It's interesting that you think there is too small a selection of fast food restaurants there. Many other areas complain there are too many fast food restaurants and chains and not enough mom and pops.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
There's a Chick-Fil-A at NYU. Their phone # is (212) 998-4931.

Jack In The Box and Hardee's used to be in NYC. They pulled out ages ago because they weren't making money there. I think there is a Hardee's in Ft. Greene, if you ever go into Brooklyn.

There are many Sonic's nearby in NJ and I think there is one in N. Babylon (LI), if you go outside the city limits.

It's interesting that you think there is too small a selection of fast food restaurants there. Many other areas complain there are too many fast food restaurants and chains and not enough mom and pops.
Are you sure that Jack in the Box was in NYC? I don't think they've ever been on the east coast.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Are you sure that Jack in the Box was in NYC? I don't think they've ever been on the east coast.
100% positive. There was also one on Kissena Blvd. in Flushing and another on Long Beach Blvd., just north of Park Ave., in Long Beach (Long Island).

They closed most of their NY-area restaurants in the late 1970's. The few that remained eventually closed due to lack of business, which followed bad publicity related to an E. coli outbreak from one of their west coast locations. That was in 1993, IIRC. (Bad publicity included being called "baby killers", because one or two children died from E. coli.)

Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I don't put Five Guys in the "fast food" category. It's not fast, each burger is cooked to order and their fries aren't pre-made outside the store, and they don't have much of a selection of anything *but* burgers and fries. That makes them a burger joint, not a fast food joint. A chain-store, for sure - but not fast food.

I used to work for Burger King and other than the cheesy tots when I'm really WANTING to torture myself, they have nothing I can recommend. For McDonald's, the fishwich is my favorite, a holdover from my childhood, and the original BigMac is second place. However - I won't buy either, unless they're having a give-away or a coupon for a dollar off or something like that - I don't get "meals" and I don't eat the fries, so bundle "deals" don't benefit me at all.

Wendy's is pretty good around here, but only when they make the sandwich how you asked for it (if I say no tomato, that doesn't mean I want extra onion...wth).

We also have DQ, Taco Bell, KFC, Popeyes, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. That's all within a 1.5 mile stretch that begins a few blocks from my house.

I think they're all crap, and I wouldn't ever use "best" to describe any of them. I might use "least offensive" or possibly "most tolerable."

Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Bill Millers is certainly not the best in BBQ, but I do think it is a good place to get something quick and filling. I remember people talking crap about it, but really it is no McDonald's. Everything there is real food; no frozen chemical sprayed fries or mystery meat. Plus, the people that work in there work hard.

Oh yeah, and they have some tasty pies.
Oh, Bill Miller is absolutely not the best bbq but I'll hit their drive-thru before I hit McDonald's. It's fast food bbq. I enjoy their salad delite. I also enjoy their chicken strips and gravy and pecan pie.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
#1 Chipotle Many people in this area agree with me because the locations here ALWAYS have a line out the door. People park and walk from blocks away. The Chipotle closest to my house is in a shopping center with several upscale stores and shoppers can't find parking because Chipotle customers take all the parking.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
When i'm in the south east i really enjoy the Sticky Fingers restaurant chain.
Sticky Fingers BBQ Restaurants and Catering - Barbecue Sauces for Sale

Old 08-06-2013, 04:15 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I got a $1.69 Jr. Bacon Burger yesterday and it was very good. I would get it again. The size is all I want.
Today, I got a Crispy chicken sandwich at Dairy Queen, which was about $4. and it was too big, but also good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink