Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:17 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times

Advertisements

Think i'm going to Rep Anon for the second time in my life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 11:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I like teavana, but as my friend mentioned "things don't taste the same at home." Because they have only recently started serving a single tea as a sample in the store. The default samples have 2 - 3 teas blended together!

There are a few blends I really like there, but the locations are pretty far for me in parts of the area I don't frequent, so I only make it a few times a year (20, 30, 50 miles away).

I love the white aryuvedic chai and the aztec fire at the moment. They are also a little pricey. There is a high quality tea shop about 1 mile from my house that I visit, and there is another premum tea shop nearby that makes teavana look cheap.

My default is Lupicia. They have a closer location to me, in a mall I frequent, since it is on top of a subway stop in the middle of downtown SF. They also have a second location near the Teavana, if I isit my friends on what feels like the other side of the world. I generally like Lupicia better, and they have a tea newsletter where they send out samples.

LUPICIA Fresh Tea (ok they only have 2 bay area stores, a socal store and one in hawaii.)

Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 AM

410 posts, read 743,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Iced tea is something you would make, using their teas. Teavana isn't a restaurant/coffee-shop. It's a store that specializes in loose teas and related products (such as tea pots and cups/saucers and a variety of tea strainers).

You buy the dry tea leaves (or herbs, or combo) by weight, in a paper bag. You bring it home. You scoop a teaspoon of it into a tea strainer. You boil some water. You put the filled strainer into the cup, let it stew a few minutes, then pull it out and discard the wet tea leaves.

Same thing as if you bought a box of Lipton teabags, except, this stuff doesn't come in individual serving packets, and you have to use a strainer (or you can buy unfilled teabags and stuff them yourself but personally I find that too much trouble.

If you want iced tea, you'd do all of the above, and then dump the contents of your teacup over a glass of ice.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if they had special blends specifically for iced tea.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if they had special blends specifically for iced tea.
They have lots of white teas and fruity blends that are perfect for iced tea, in my opinion. I had a blueberry, acai white that was great iced. There was an herbal blood orange tea that would be delicious iced as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink