Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
We usally have Sevruga on egg salad
The only accompaniment I wish for Iranian caviar is a spoon.

My New Year's Eve repast, however, will be far more homely but very yummy, to wit, Baked Macaroni with bacon strips laid over the top and using the wondrous Velveeta (original, of course).

If Velveeta were as scarce as the Caspian Sea's fabulous bounty it would be just as expensive. Think of one or two thousand dollar casseroles.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Darling if you want to fly out here be my guest.
I do! I do!

Quote:
I'll post up pictures of what you'll be missing if you don't.

Here is one to get you started. Its a bowl of the garlic that will be used in the pozole sitting in the cast Iron skillet my Nana used to fry the Buenuelos in going back to the 1940's. Its a Griswold with many years of seasoning. Check back over the weekend for updates.

But I can't. So, I'll check back to see pictures.

Have a great time, guys.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
im visiting my mom in florida new years. she sent me links to 2 restaurants she has reservations for (one only had outside available so it would be the other if its bad weather. they are max's harvest and trulucks, in the boca raton area. she has always enjoyed eating in restaurants, particularly fancy ones but i think it has gotten even more severe as she has aged. she just called me to ask if ive looked at the menus. i feel bad for not looking, i dont need to pre-check the menus, im sure they will be fine.

we will have our 23 month old daughter so we will be in bed well before midnight.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We'll be having standing rib roast, twice baked potatoes, and caesar salad. Rhubarb pie. New Years day, burgers, potato salad, deviled eggs.
What's the difference between a standing rib roast?
A bone in Rib-eye roast?
A delmonico roast?
A prime rib?

A small end Rib roast?
A large end rib roast?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 AM

866 posts, read 1,137,758 times
Not sure what we will have...S.O. is in the throes of a major GOUT attack from the Christmas fare...my fault, didn't stop to think what he's NOT supposed to eat...
Anyway, all the stuff I would like to have is on his NO-NO list so I have no clue what to fix...
fresh fruit, fresh veggies, low fat cheese.........:thin k:

Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im visiting my mom in florida new years. she sent me links to 2 restaurants she has reservations for (one only had outside available so it would be the other if its bad weather. they are max's harvest and trulucks, in the boca raton area. she has always enjoyed eating in restaurants, particularly fancy ones but i think it has gotten even more severe as she has aged. she just called me to ask if ive looked at the menus. i feel bad for not looking, i dont need to pre-check the menus, im sure they will be fine.

we will have our 23 month old daughter so we will be in bed well before midnight.
My in-laws live in Boca Raton. Not only will you have eaten and be in bed well before midnight, you'll have eaten and be in bed well before 5.00pm.

NYE day the weather will be a high of 79, a low of 62, partly cloudy.

Enjoy the trip. Happy 2012 to you and your family. Smooches to Skye when you get back to her.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:21 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
Not sure what we will have...S.O. is in the throes of a major GOUT attack from the Christmas fare...my fault, didn't stop to think what he's NOT supposed to eat...
Anyway, all the stuff I would like to have is on his NO-NO list so I have no clue what to fix...
fresh fruit, fresh veggies, low fat cheese.........:thin k:
you can make very good tasting and healthy fruit smoothies-being new yrs eve, you can mix in some vodka

also a fruit parfait is good- low/no fat whipped cream, between layers of blackberries/blueberries/strawberries

Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Chili cheese dip

Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
My in-laws live in Boca Raton. Not only will you have eaten and be in bed well before midnight, you'll have eaten and be in bed well before 5.00pm.

NYE day the weather will be a high of 79, a low of 62, partly cloudy.

Enjoy the trip. Happy 2012 to you and your family. Smooches to Skye when you get back to her.
haha i dont think my mom does the early bird special yet. though i think it depends on which group of friends she is with. dinner will be at 6 since my daughter usually hits the sack 8-830 or so. im looking forward to a week to relax and also using my mom's babysitting services. skye is going to have a busy week playing with dogs, i hope she doesnt get sick this time.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We'll be having standing rib roast, twice baked potatoes, and caesar salad. Rhubarb pie. New Years day, burgers, potato salad, deviled eggs.

Okay, where are you again! Did you want three extra guests?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink