Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM

228 posts, read 718,625 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm from South Florida and I've always wanted to know what a IN-N-OUT, Hardee's/Carl's Jr. and Bob's Big Boy menus taste like?

Are they all good? One better then the other? How are the burgers and fries? Any other item on the menu I should try once I get to visit these burger joints?

We don't have these down in South Florida, It's mostly I West coast thing and some in North FL, so I'm super curious on what they taste like, since they are always on some list of best burgers in the U.S.

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
big boy is better.
in and out has sort of a cardboard taste
hardy's is very very very heavy on fat.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
big boy is better.
in and out has sort of a cardboard taste
hardy's is very very very heavy on fat.
I really enjoy Big Boy but have to respectfully disagree. I find In-N-Out to have a far better and fresher taste than the other choices.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I really enjoy Big Boy but have to respectfully disagree. I find In-N-Out to have a far better and fresher taste than the other choices.
I've heard that they make the burgers after you order them fresh, not premade. Is this true, or just marketing ?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr00th View Post
I've heard that they make the burgers after you order them fresh, not premade. Is this true, or just marketing ?
I've never had anything other than a burger made fresh to order at In-N-Out. To be fair I've never had a burger that wasn't made fresh to order at Big Boy or Hardees either but In-N-Out has in my opinion always provided me with a better tasting burger that seemed to be made with higher quality ingredients.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Oh, thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times
In and Out has a long and old reputation that goes back many many yrs.

Initially they were a walk up window to order in a very small bldg. They also had a drive up window. A person would be doing the patties following a rigged system that always gave out a same tasting burger. All the employees were young men while today there are many girls working the grill.

The girl part is when I stopped going there. A girl was looking bored at the grill and not watching it too well and my patty was burned and along with HAIR being in my fries I stopped going there. Nothing against the girl part but on the overall think that quality personel control needs to be reviewed.

They have expanded into a sitdown area for the customers.

I go way back decades when they opened the first unit.

Bobs Big Boy also started back in the 1950's and the Big Boy was a success. We would go there after the College Fri night football game and the cars were lined up on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena waiting in line...good ole days and memories...at the time I was the equipment Mgr for the football team.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:29 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,851,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Bobs Big Boy also started back in the 1950's and the Big Boy was a success. We would go there after the College Fri night football game and the cars were lined up on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena waiting in line...good ole days and memories...at the time I was the equipment Mgr for the football team.
Yikes !
I may have run into you then ...

Yes, definitively sweet memories !

About the taste difference --
Many times, when we used to frequent them, it was not really taste, but a place to hang out, and they happened to serve hamburgers !

Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
I live on LI but when I was in delaware I had a burger at Hardee's. I was not impressed

Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Three totally different burgers and experiences.

Big Boy was where you ate with your parents.

Carl's Jr. was where you ate with your friends because Carl Karcher gave out coupons for a free burger.

In N Out was where you ate when you had a job and could pay for your own and could make a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink