Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Pringles?
Love them, my favourite kind of potato chip 7 22.58%
About as much as 'real' chips 2 6.45%
I find them inferior, but still enjoy them somewhat 11 35.48%
Gross 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:30 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

I actually never got the big appeal of Pringles, especially when there are so many chips made out of potatoes, instead of potato flakes and flour, as Pringles are. I much prefer the taste of 'real' chips. I wouldn't say pringles are DISGUSTING, like I'd still take them if you offered me them, but they taste kind of weird and bleh, when you think about it...

Does anyone here actually prefer Pringles to other chips?

THE MAKING OF PRINGLES POTATO CHIPS - FACTS AND HISTORIES OF EVERYDAY THINGS THAT ROBROB8 THINKS YOU SHOULD KNOW

I almost never buy Pringles, but reading about the leftover fries from McDonald's makes them even less appealing.

Come to think I rarely buy any chips anymore - I do like them - but I guess I don't think about it as much. That can only be a good thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

THE MAKING OF PRINGLES POTATO CHIPS - FACTS AND HISTORIES OF EVERYDAY THINGS THAT ROBROB8 THINKS YOU SHOULD KNOW

I almost never buy Pringles, but reading about the leftover fries from McDonald's makes them even less appealing.!

Do you really believe everything that you read on the internet?

Pringles are made of dehydrated potatoes, sourced from Idaho, combined with wheat and rice flour. They are formed into a dough, cut into a parabolic shape and fried. They are produced in Jackson, TN by Procter and Gamble.

They were developed in the late 60's at the P&G labs in Cincinnati.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

Pringles are made of dehydrated potatoes, sourced from Idaho, combined with wheat and rice flour. They are formed into a dough, cut into a parabolic shape and fried. They are produced in Jackson, TN by Procter and Gamble.

Either way, I don't find Pringles that appetizing anymore.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
It's un-American to not like Pringles.
Shame on you.
Your no better than the terrorist.

Filthy animals.....all of you.
What's next? Lemmie guess...you are the same people that don't like sardines with mustard on pumpernickel bread.

They'll be no more bad mouthing Pringles on my watch.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
It's un-American to not like Pringles.
Shame on you.
Your no better than the terrorist.

Filthy animals.....all of you.
What's next? Lemmie guess...you are the same people that don't like sardines with mustard on pumpernickel bread.

They'll be no more bad mouthing Pringles on my watch.
Call me as un-American as you want, lol.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:57 AM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I don't buy Pringles. Actually I very seldom buy chips...
I love naan, taboon or khubz bread with the dips. Or just plain veggies like carrots or celery.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
If I am going to waste calories eating potato chips, it has to be a REAL potato chip to make it worth it. Good's Potato Chips (Eastern Pennsylvania) are worth it. They are fried in lard and they leave your hands nice and greasy, and an oil slick on your tongue.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

I saw the first Pringles being made in the pilot plant at the WHTC in Cincinnati. Big secret at the time. As soon as they started storage testing,I had a supply swiped from the constant temperature rooms there. Could not get enough of them.

They also tested various darkness of cooking. That was interesting, but eventiually they got it right.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,100 times
As for real potato chips I prefer regular "lays". I'm trying hard not to eat chips because of their high salt content. I do like corn chips however, like Tostitos or the store brand we get is great too at almost half the price.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Gotta fess up, I like them, even the lite ones (which seem harder to find lately). I also like the Lays ones that come in a tube, actually they're a tad thicker and better for dipping, they dont come in lite though but are convenient to take while traveling but actually both brands in the cans break too - and these days Im trying to stay away from them because of their high sodium content, lite or non-lite, flavored, plain or lite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink