Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
got a problem? call the head offices.. Heres the deal.. the managers of each store are on a incentive bonus.. and for every complaint they get docked $50 on the bonus they get each quarter.. so you want good service you teach them to give it to you.. yup sometimes its needed .. courput headquaters doesnt like folks complaining so they smack the manager of the store THE Owner also gets a write up and to many in a year can get his franhcise closed down for NOT following company standards.

My friends and I had such a bad experience at one Subway that I called the head office. They said that they had received many complaints on the two locations that the guy owned. Someone from Subway corporate called me to apologize a few days later, and told me that the owner of the Subway location would be personally calling to apologize to me and my friends, and would invite us to come in for a free meal. Guess what, the guy never called.

This was more than a year ago and he is still operating the two local Subway locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
I've noticed they are not the same also, nor is the pricing, Some places give a nice amount of meat others seem to cheat you on the meat portion, I've also seen a limit on certain veggies like tomatoes, where other places give as much as you ask for. i suppose it depends on the season, location and supply of veggies. The meat and cheese should be the same everywhere, but it's not.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
I thought New York "subways" were the best in the world! Or could it be the London Metro?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
One Subway location in Indiana had a large sign inside that said, "We do not accept coupons or honor Subway specials."

No $5 footlongs there.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I have had several bad experiences at Subway, I would rather go hungry than eat there. Forget it. Much better...Jimmy John's! Or even get a deli sandwich at Albertsons.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
I can always tell when it's a new "sandwich artist" as they carefully count out the slices of meat, cheese, tomatoes and anything else that can be counted. Olives are the worst-you get three.

The one by my work is nice. They are the only one in this area with avocado. And they have a couple of non-pop options. The one closer to home always somehow feels dirty and their only non-pop option is Minute Maid Lite Lemonade which I find disgusting.

Lately, I've either been going to Pita Pit or Quiznos and getting salads instead.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
One Subway location in Indiana had a large sign inside that said, "We do not accept coupons or honor Subway specials."

No $5 footlongs there.

Why would you want to participate in a promotion where you are REQUIRED to sell a product to your customers BELOW COST?

Subway gets a franchise fee.
Subway gets a % of sales for the franchise.
Subway gets a % for marketing.
Subway sells them the food making a profit.

In general, the franchisees get the shaft. And increasingly, the franchisees are unhappy.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times
I used to be a big fan of Subway and Blimpies when I was younger, but like many others, after eating at Jimmy Johns... that stopped me from going back to Subway.

I just find the sandwiches from Subway always bland and lacking compared to JJ's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink