Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times

Advertisements

As Thanksgiving approaches, I'll leave you with this gem to ponder.

America's grossest food habits, revealed - MSN Healthy Living - Health and Wellness

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I thought this was going to be more about bad manners, like belching at the table. LOL

The only one of those things that's truly gross is double dipping, and that's only gross if more than one person is eating the food. Oh, yeah, and cockroaches (or worms or weevils) in food is pretty gross, too.

The rest are more conditional. Is it harmful to lick the spoon and then put it back into a pot of bubbling chili? Probably not. Salad dressing or macaroni salad? That's a little different.

Wash food that falls on the floor. Duh.

And serving food past its expiration date isn't even an issue, since expiration dates are arbitrary measures put forth by the food industry trying to cover its collective behind.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:40 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
I'd never duplicate a thread! That's gross!

The only time that I double-dip, aside from when I'm alone, is when I'm eating (dipping! ha!) with my husband. And then I announce "I'm double-dipping! Watch me! There it was!" And because of the Seinfeld episode that featured double-dipping, we usually devolve into random Seinfeld quoting, which -- even I'll agree -- is totally annoying. And gross.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
not washing vegetables...particularly if you by them at a farmstand,,,, fertilizer is CHIT ,, and ecoli abounds,,,,,veggies are grown in CHIT, when it rains the **** splatters and chit all over the hands of the pickers

so wash your veggies ,,no matter where they come from..

and what about the fruit flies on soft fruit??
how come we only see them after a few days, if we dont see them we eat them??

on my gross list,
turnip, squash, peas, baked beans, boston baked bread in a can- this gross canned molasses type bread..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink