Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 01:32 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,367,031 times

Advertisements

Hello coffee lovers!

Just found out today that participating Starbucks stores throughout the country are offering 1/2-priced Frapps (any size) between 3-5pm through Monday, May 13! BTW, the special covers any flavor of Frapp offered. Don't forget to check the 'stores' inside markets... it's not only at stand-alone locations, which makes it more convenient.

I was out of town at a Safeway & discovered the discount due to the long Starbucks line in the market, whist I was hoping to just run in quickly to grab an espresso before my long drive home. Lots of seniors in line saying they'd been waiting for a sale to taste the $$ Frapp. Good for them. If you love them... or always wanted to try them... or love them & avoid buying them but twice/yr due to price, like me (I make a reasonable facsimile thereof, at home)... now's your time.

Enjoy, caffeine (or decaf) enthusiasts!

Find a SB location here:
Frappuccino® Blended Beverage from Starbucks Coffee Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,884,078 times
If you sign up for their emails Starbucks will send you advance notice of their half price days and other specials. This happy hour special has been going on since last week.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
If you sign up for their emails Starbucks will send you advance notice of their half price days and other specials. This happy hour special has been going on since last week.
Yes, it has, grouchy. I am signed up for their emails & have a registered SB card... somehow news of this one didn't make it to me. Not sure why, but that's beside the point. Others may not wish to sign up & still take advantage of specials, hence the initial post. Now have some decaf & relax...

Old 05-12-2013, 10:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,224,182 times
I made the mistake of visiting Starbucks at the wrong time today. It was PACKED! Everyone was getting their half-price frappuccinos. My goal was to sip some tea and get some work done. That didn't work out too well. Lesson learned.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM

20,993 posts, read 28,558,744 times
Starbucks coffee always tastes bitter and burnt to me. Had it 2 times in my life, never again.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,224,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Starbucks coffee always tastes bitter and burnt to me. Had it 2 times in my life, never again.
Frappuccinos aren't coffee. They are actually flavored blended iced drinks. Hope this helps.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,316,433 times
Sonic is also doing a half price promotion on shakes after 8pm.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:29 PM

20,993 posts, read 28,558,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Frappuccinos aren't coffee. They are actually flavored blended iced drinks. Hope this helps.
I have had those and they are ok. I'd rather just have an iced coffee from dunkin donuts, less calories and fat.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yeah, it's not for everyone, but that's why there are other store choices for you. OTOH, if I get a coffee (I'm normally an espresso shot swiller), I get a shot of espresso added into a bold (none of the other choices, medium, house blend, mild, etc have enough flavor for me) for more 'burnt' flavor.

One of my brothers told me that my coffee is so strong, if it dripped on a car it would singe the paint. He refers to my espresso as potting soil mixed with boot glue. Yum...

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I made the mistake of visiting Starbucks at the wrong time today. It was PACKED! Everyone was getting their half-price frappuccinos. My goal was to sip some tea and get some work done. That didn't work out too well. Lesson learned.
Today's the last day of the special, NJ, so you should be okay 'til the next one... I'm guessing around July 4. I like their Tazo tea, as well. Ever try Passion or their Earl Grey? Best smelling teas on the planet... I'd like to drop a bag of either into the bath.

I used to live across the street from a SB in Greenwood Village, CO, which everyone seemed to use for office space and/or interviews. I even once sat next to a young college-aged girl, who was approached by an FBI agent she was obviously expecting, who flashed his badge & wanted to question her. Not sure what it was about... I felt uncomfortable eavesdropping, so left to sit outside. No matter which time I visited, day or night, it was packed, all the tables/chairs were filled & the line often reached the door... the constant chatter of job interviewers, people discussing business plans, etc., made it the loudest SB I've ever been in, including downtown NYC. The surly attitude of the baristas clearly showed that it was this way all day, everyday.

Still, I'm addicted. I normally only visit every 2-wks to have my beans ground into caffeine powder, so I can live another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink