Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 AM

568 posts, read 961,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My sister and her new boyfriend (from Tennessee) came to dinner and I made carne guisada with homemade tortillas and guacamole. My best friend came over and made her special rice. My sister's boyfriend told us after dinner, "Wow, that was as good as Taco Bell." My friend and I were temporarily shocked speechless at the insult, then realized he didn't know any better
Well being from San Antonio myself...(want to go back so bad)...that sounds like a pretty good tasting dinner to me! Your post made me smile. Thanks

Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Ill admit I use to eat at a Taco Bell a lot 15 or more years ago and had my share of Doritos tacos
but Waffle taco or breakfast Taco that is just nasty.

see link -> Taco Bell tests Waffle Taco | MyFOX8.com

About the time there was controversy if there was any meat in the tacos I became cautious but I like shell of Dorito taco but one day I had just a regular taco and this time I didnt put any of those sauces on it and then I had pivotal moment that I would never eat there again.
If you like this place go there and dont put on any sauces and you will be awaken.

I guess its the growing hispanic culture why there seems to be a mix of lunch food for breakfast like tacos and burritos but ill stick with homemade buttermilk biscuit.
It will be interesting to see how popular they are. I had seen the ad on TV either last night or the night before, truthfully, they looking sickening to me.. Of course I don't think I have eaten at TB for 10 yars of more.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,364,964 times
Dont see the big deal. They want to capitalize on breakfast. This is nothing more than a waffle, sausage and eggs (overly processed of course). Picture I've seen doesn't look very appetizing, so i wont try it, but I'll continue to eat their hard shell tacos and nachos.

I think Popeys should attempt something similar, substitute the sausage and egg a fried chicken tender, side of syrup, and market it ala Waffles and Chicken.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
I don't find Taco Bell to be any different than any other fast food chain's offerings, in terms of edibility (i.e. cheap, not particularly healthy but also not poisonous, will do in a pinch). None of it's great, but it's no more offensive to me than a snack of chips, a hot dog and a beer at the ball park, etc. It is what it is, it's not cuisine, but it's not akin to Satan worship to grab a bean and cheese burrito to tide one's self over once in a while, IMO.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Fast food places try new things to bring in new customers and keep their regulars interested.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:23 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,542 times
Haven't eaten there in a while as I avoid fast food but it's not THAT bad....I personally think Arby's, Jack in the box and McDonalds are lower on the totem pole of fast food. If I was forced to choose a fast food place, I would probably choose taco bell.

I also love breakfast tacos but I won't be eating the taco bell ones. One of my favorite breakfasts are Heuvos Rancheros...I could eat that every day if I was able too!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:48 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Taco bell could compete with MCDs with morning breakfast tacos. Introduce America to Potato and egg, chorizo and egg, bacon and egg, and Bean and cheese flour torilla tacos...

Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Not every test product is a winner, but you have to try to find out.

I used to eat a the Bell often as it was near my house, but a 'real' Mexican place opened as well with tacos with onion and cilantro. Havent been to the Bell since.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,236,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Chilaquiles are a yummy once-in-a-while thing for me.
My absolute favorite breakfast/brunch item!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:21 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Haven't eaten there in a while as I avoid fast food but it's not THAT bad....I personally think Arby's, Jack in the box and McDonalds
McDonalds is the only large chain as bad as Taco Bell. The grade of meat that Taco Bell uses in most of it's products is barely considered edible frankly. It is far worse and far lower down the food chain than either Jack in the Box or Arby's. Actually Arby's would be much further up the food chain. Although frankly all fast food is terrible crap that should be avoided.

For the record I don't mind Taco Bell on rare occaisions, but I only order vegetarian dishes there such as bean burritos or 7 layer burritos. The meat at Taco Bell is not meant for human consumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink