Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 02:58 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
This to me is the lowest of the low, stealing someone else's lunch.

We had a co-worker that was on the Atkins diet, and brought in a little George Foreman grill to make her daily chops, hamburgers, whatever, and someone stole that!
someone stole the grill??

lol.... not funny, but comical

i once went to an after funeral gathering ,,,,at a relatives house...it was pot luck,,
well, one of the guests, put the "pot" in the pot luck,,, had a large baking pan of brownies,,,,everyone ate them,
a couple of folks seem to know what they were right away but didnt say anything,,but they did ask who made them,,,and that person, never stepped forward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
someone stole the grill??

Yes, someone sole my co-workers little George Foreman grill that she had brought in to prepare her meat for her Atkins diet. Funny thing, she said it was not new, and was old chipped and greasy. People are something else.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
dont microwave food with onions, it makes everyone think they have terrible BO. that and chinese food tends to stink out the joint

Old 10-20-2013, 11:17 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
A co-worker in a cubicle next to mine used to microwave instant oatmeal each morning and eat it at her desk. I don't know if it was the particular brand or flavor or what, but it smelled like sweaty gym shoes. Grossed me out every morning.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
I brought in doughnuts the other day. Home made from a bakery. 24 doughnuts. I got 3 thanks out of it. Glad I don't bring it in for thanks. I bring it it, because someone might be like me.. hungry and Looking For a Doughnut.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:00 PM

537 posts, read 740,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I brought in doughnuts the other day. Home made from a bakery. 24 doughnuts. I got 3 thanks out of it. Glad I don't bring it in for thanks. I bring it it, because someone might be like me.. hungry and Looking For a Doughnut.
I now have something else to give thanks for this year. And I'm not even a Christian, but here's my prayer of gratitude:

Lord, thank you for delivering me from a tedious, excruciating, lifeless hell of a corporate cubicle drone existence and not having to deal with brainless, lowly-evolved humans whom you have placed upon this planet to test my patience and to challenge my urges to deploy my firearms. A-MEN!!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
I now have something else to give thanks for this year. And I'm not even a Christian, but here's my prayer of gratitude:

Lord, thank you for delivering me from a tedious, excruciating, lifeless hell of a corporate cubicle drone existence and not having to deal with brainless, lowly-evolved humans whom you have placed upon this planet to test my patience and to challenge my urges to deploy my firearms. A-MEN!!
that might be against company policy!

Old 12-22-2013, 07:57 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My work had to institute a rule that employees could bring only their SOs and their own children after too many people started bringing their relatives and neighbors and random children to the office holiday party for the free food.
Random children? lol

Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
It amazes me that people in a corporate work environment don't seem to know enough not to do things like burn the popcorn or take other people's lunches. The bathroom etiquette is another story.

We've had to evacuate the office where I work several times due to someone burning popcorn. Lots of fun standing outside in the parking lot in cold weather. At another place I've worked, someone sent out an inter-office memo with detailed instructions on how to make popcorn in the microwave. Wouldn't you know, someone burned it again the next day!

There was also a table set up where we could buy snacks for less than what it would cost if we bought them from the vending machine. There was a change box set up, and it was based on the honor system - you pick out what you want, and put your money in the box. Simple enough, right? Well, several e-mails went out because people were putting tokens, washers, and other crap into the box to make it sound as though they were inserting change. Soon enough, the snack table was no more.

Potlucks - not a big fan, really. Maybe 2 or 3 people out of the whole group get excited about these things, and everyone else couldn't care less. Once, this one girl brought in a covered dish and accidentally dropped it in the parking lot. She was understandably very upset. It's just a huge PITA for everyone.

We've had the lunch thieves, too, but that's nothing new. In the 80's, my mother worked in a doctor's office. He would eat everything and anything. One of the ladies that worked there put peppercorns in a banana, and he ate it. Another time, my mother told me a story about how he had a cake in the refrigerator, and one of the ladies banged on the door with her fist everytime she walked by. When he went to get the cake, it just sort of slid out of the refrigerator.

Here's a link that goes along with the spirit of the thread:https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMGzEfywp9JrNHWRt6QMQpoGo5v_ajE yqHbEzqdSblxsRtu76I.
So how exactly do people burn popcorn? You'd think you'd just put it in the microwave, press popcorn, and wait, unless it's popcorn cooked on the stove.

And yes, people do steal lunches. I can't believe so many just feel like they can take someone else's food.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
As far as group parties? The first time I saw a coworker lick her fingers while slicing pepperoni and cheese was the last time I attended one. GAG. Ironically, the person doing that was one of the asthmatics who had an attack from someone wearing perfume next to her. Not that it's related just ironic to this post.
This isn't office-related, but it reminded me of my aunt. She would put that spray whipped cream on our pie at Thanksgiving, and she would put the nozzle in her mouth to get the excess after she was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just can't believe these stories. How could anyone be brazen enough to do that?
I guess I've just led a sheltered life.
IF someone ever stole my lunch, you better believe I would set up a trap to sabotage any future thefts, by hot pepper or laxative, or something even more disgusting, and keep my lunches in a cooler at my desk.
I know, the thought would never enter my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
At a holiday spread I remember a v-e-r-y large, pregnant, back-office gal carrying off two plates that we're just overflowing with food. I innocently commented, "Getting something for all the gals, huh?" She looked at me with a withering sneer and said, "I'm eating for two!". Dumb me.

I muttered as she waddled away, "Two football teams maybe . . . ."
LOL...

One coworker brought in cookies his wife had made. Well, they had cats. I took a bite; there was a strand of fur in it. Okay, it happens. I'll get over it.

I took another bite. Another piece of fur. Now I'm starting to feel a little queasy.

Before I took the third bite, I saw another one. I was done with the cookies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink