Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 02:50 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Local chains are almost always better. I lived in Cedar Rapids, IA for a short time and really liked Maid Rite, a local chain that served burgers, hotdogs and sloppy joes.
Agreed. One of my favorites here in Indy is called 96th Street Steakburgers. They have some of the best fast food burgers in town. And they make everything when you order it. So you might have to wait a few minutes to get your food, but you know every time it's going to have steam coming off of it instead of sitting under a heat lamp for a while or just thrown in a microwave for a few seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 02:53 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Oh, stop it!
I haven't had a McD's fish filet in over a year but you just made me want one.
Not a huge fast food fan. McDonalds breakfast sandwiches sometimes just really hit the spot, though. No harm if it's an occasional thing and otherwise one eats a good, high-fiber, low-processed diet.

I joke that I can afford to eat junk once in a while because I otherwise eat a very high-fiber diet and it keeps the junk food moving quickly through my system so it doesn't stick to my thighs or arteries LOL.
Glad to know there are some other F-o-F lovers around here.

I know they are terrible for you, but I like them!!! what can I say???

Old 09-13-2013, 02:55 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Glad to know there are some other F-o-F lovers around here.

I know they are terrible for you, but I like them!!! what can I say???
I know it and (from memory so don't hold me to this) they are higher in saturated fat than a cheeseburger.
Which probably explains why they are so tasty.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
I go there for coffee any time I need it, especially when driving a distance. The only thing I really eat there is their fruit oatmeal for breakfast, minus the sugar.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,690,297 times
I went and got an egg McMuffin the morning after I made my first post in this thread.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 AM

37 posts, read 108,529 times
used to stop there for coffee and the occasional morning sandwich (usually regretted later), but since they ran that ad with the stupid pit bull reference and did nothing except stop running the ad when there was backlash from intelligent dog owners. They could have done more, for example, donate to some pit-bull rescues/shelters... but no, apparently the financial benefit/gain, just wasn't worth it to them. You know I they'd seen a drop in their fry revenue, they'd have scrambled, done more. I don't know how any dog owner with a conscience, regardless of the breed, would consider spending one dime at that dump.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
McDonalds got such a bad rap back in the early 00's so I was wondering if anyone still actually ate there. I know other fast food joints like Arby's and Taco Bell are just as bad, if not worse but they did not seem to get as much bad publicity as McD's. If you eat there, how often and what do you usually order?

I rarely ever eat there, I mean rarely.

People slurp that garbage down and we wonder why we're all fat azzes....... LOL

Old 09-17-2013, 12:49 AM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
About the only items I get at McDonald's anymore is the McRib sandwich when it becomes available. I also occasionally like to get a large-sized sweet iced tea. Another thing I'll get from there is the Shamrock Shake during the month of March.

Other than those occasions, I never eat at McDonald's.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,595 times
There is a McDonald's about a block away from my apartment, so sometimes later at night (weekend nights) if I am too lazy to go anywhere, I'll walk down the street and get a cheeseburger and a Coke. Last time I went was about 2 months ago though, but it's just a treat. Yes I could probably get better burgers but it's cheap (Dollar menu )

My favorite fast-food burgers are Whoppers though.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times
All the time. I usually get a ten piece chicken nugget meal with a Coke or a chocolate milkshake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink