Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:32 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,161,140 times

Advertisements

Not really. I don't feel that great after eating greasy pizza. Since I've changed my eating habits, I feel much, much better. An apple sounds better to me most of the time than pizza. I feel good after eating healthy. I feel tired and bloated after eating things such as pizza and I'm also hungry again an hour later. If I really do want a piece of pizza I'll have one, but most of the time I prefer to avoid it. Like someone else mentioned, if I do eat a piece, I leave the crust behind.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,342,260 times
I eat when I'm physically hungry, and stop when I'm full.

Read that one again and let it sink in. It's worked for me. I'm the same size I was in high school.

Eating fresher/healthier foods make me feel better physically, so I'm motivated to eat well most of the time.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:42 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,835,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I mean, damn! That sux when everyone else around you has pizza, and you are on a diet, and go ahead and eat and enjoy... Your poor wife is eating green beans and tuna, plain to maintain her weight.
He should have at least offered to bring me a piece..even though I wouldn1t have ate it.. lol...
I agree. He SHOULD have at least offered you a piece, the old meanie. Keep up the good work, it's not easy when there's pizza to be had and you are limiting yourself!! I feel your pain!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:25 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Actually I get sick and tired of pizza. 99% of pizza in this country is trash anyway. Highly refined flour+sauce from a can loaded with sugar + poor quality mass processed "mozzarella".
Good to know. I must be spoiled by the super high quality local pizza places here in Wisconsin that use super fresh local cheeses.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,161,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
I eat when I'm physically hungry, and stop when I'm full.

Read that one again and let it sink in. It's worked for me. I'm the same size I was in high school.

Eating fresher/healthier foods make me feel better physically, so I'm motivated to eat well most of the time.
Stopping when you're full is key! And allowing your body to tell you is also. I find that putting the fork down and pushing the plate away before you're really feeling full helps as after a few minutes you do start to feel full. I also get my mind in the mindset that I'm going to stop before everything on my plate has been scarfed up and I'm stuffed.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:06 PM

769 posts, read 977,525 times
I don't eat pizza at all. It makes me feel like dirt. However, I want to smack my co-workers in the head when they eat french fries in front of me while I have salad. Their ass will expand..not mine.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:35 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,492,058 times
Yeah what's worse is avoiding the pizza at night, it's mine, and eating a large apple or two. The fiber in the apple fills me up it would take about 1/4-1/2 pizza for the same effect. 80-200 calories vs over 1000 calories keeps me more motivated to think of it that way.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,499,730 times
I used to be in very good shape. I was 190lbs, 10% body fat, had abs, felt super confident, super strong, just really healthy and good about myself. I was Ninja warrior capable and that was an awesome feeling. Also rarely got sick. The downside? I never ate any junk food. I never could enjoy myself at a restaurant, heck I stopped socializing out all together because I was sad to be around food I couldn't eat. Holidays I had to avoid all the cookies, pies, and cake. I couldn't have a decent meal at parties or Thanksgiving. Just the same bland healthy stuff all the time.

I slipped with my diet.....

I turned 250lbs, lost a lot of my strength, gained a lot of fat and flabbiness (obviously). I feel like crap most days, and I get sick more often. I just feel plain unhealthy and lost a lot of my confidence and self esteem. The plus side, I get to enjoy all the wonderful food the world has to offer.

So the best solution in my opinion? Everything in MODERATION.

Exercise hard, 5+ times a week.
Eat all the foods you love, just don't stuff yourself. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full.

Easier said then done, but after a few months in that groove it becomes a way of life, and a damn good one.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,850,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I mean, damn! That sux when everyone else around you has pizza, and you are on a diet, and go ahead and eat and enjoy... lol...
No, I do not. I watch everyone yawning & getting droopy-eyed after they have their pizza. Not interested!
I had a great reminder yesterday. My trainer had pizza at lunch (cheat meal). He was so dopey he could hardly function, and my session was cut short because he was so out of it. I remember those days, and I'm NOT interested!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 PM

191 posts, read 163,863 times
No. (I also hate apples, but that's beside the point). Tried to eat from Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesar's, Domino's, and Hungry Howie's. I also stopped eating any brand of frozen pizza. Just doesn't taste good to me anymore after so many months of cooking meals from scratch myself (or trying to come as close as possible). Oh, well, I'm not missing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink